The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
    How the heck do you go from pedophile to temple worker?
    Needed a calling in which he wouldn't be around young children.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
      How the heck do you go from pedophile to temple worker?
      The atonement
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Needed a calling in which he wouldn't be around young children.
        So no baptistry assignments then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          The atonement
          You actually have to repent for that to work... Duh..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Interesting that Bob served in the same mission as his twin brother, Dick, which may explain his love of the D.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
              Interesting that Bob served in the same mission as his twin brother, Dick, which may explain his love of the D.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Regrets if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but this NYT-produced video about the Soviet Union's and Russia's disinformation campaigns over the past several decades is fascinating. It features interviews with a few former KGB agents and discusses several specific news hoaxes that people still believe today. Its final section about Trump will be declared to be fake news by His Orangeness, but that's an essential element of any disinformation campaign (deny, deny, deny). Trump apologists will take some comfort from the shots it takes at Obama as well. Strongly recommended.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  Regrets if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but this NYT-produced video about the Soviet Union's and Russia's disinformation campaigns over the past several decades is fascinating. It features interviews with a few former KGB agents and discusses several specific news hoaxes that people still believe today. Its final section about Trump will be declared to be fake news by His Orangeness, but that's an essential element of any disinformation campaign (deny, deny, deny). Trump apologists will take some comfort from the shots it takes at Obama as well. Strongly recommended.
                  That video was great.

Trump: the ultimate “useful idiot.”

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    B and Bobs Obits are interesting.

Bs wife did leave him. He remarried in 1990. He served 7 years in the Las Vegas temple even after all this happened!

Bob served in bishoprics, high council and stake presidency’s even though he was gay.

Progressive church!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Just read that B committed suicide after he was convicted of wrongful possession of a firearm and aggravated assault of a Bikers Against Child Abuse member protecting Jan and mom at an event (B rammed the guy with his car).

Comment

Just read that B committed suicide after he was convicted of wrongful possession of a firearm and aggravated assault of a Bikers Against Child Abuse member protecting Jan and mom at an event (B rammed the guy with his car).
                      I take it you haven't watched the show?
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        I take it you haven't watched the show?
                        I stopped with 30 minutes left. Does it cover that?

Comment

I stopped with 30 minutes left. Does it cover that?
                          Indeed.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Recently watched a documentary called Behind the Curve about the flat earth movement. Fascinating.

There are a couple of places in the doc where the flat earth foks do some tests (using a laser on one, a high-precision gyro on the other) to prove that the earth is flat. It is worth watching the doc just to see see how they react when the evidence comes in.

Don't let the 6.3 rating on IMDB fool you. Pretty sure the flat earthers are hijacking that number downward.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I watched Abduction in Plain Sight. I was more sympathetic to the parents.

Some people lead such colorless, passionless lives, that they dont have any insight into a burning, charming charismatic figure who draws them into his orbit and hypnotizes them. They dont have the skills to resist, but ample ability to deny. That's the entire reason for the documentary; if they were any other type of person other than the oddball 1% of the population that they were, they would have said no. But B found them and exploited them. The very reason he targeted them was the reason they couldnt resist. This story will never happen again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Recently watched a documentary called Behind the Curve about the flat earth movement. Fascinating.

There are a couple of places in the doc where the flat earth foks do some tests (using a laser on one, a high-precision gyro on the other) to prove that the earth is flat. It is worth watching the doc just to see see how they react when the evidence comes in.

Don't let the 6.3 rating on IMDB fool you. Pretty sure the flat earthers are hijacking that number downward.
                                Thanks for the recommendation. I just watched it b/c I was bored of working. I feel that a bunch of the FEers are in it for the money or recognition and don't really believe that crap. Eg: the guy who makes models of the flat earth. But then some, like the hammer-ball-bouncer-while-he-recites-all-50-state-names-and-periodic-table-of-elements guy comes across as dumb and insane enough to sincerely believe.

Mark Sargent, the guy who is the face of the flat earth movement, seems like a real piece of work. He wears a T-shirt that says "I am Mark Sargent" and then acts surprised when people "recognize" him on the street. I wonder if anybody has ever seen him and Dehlin in the same room together? And the crazy cat youtuber lady is like the FE Joanna Brooks maybe?

Not surprising how the FEers also disbelieve/are against*: evolution, age of the Earth/dinosaurs, vaccinations, and GMOs. One interesting aspect was that these people are so paranoid that they are constantly turning against each other. For example, both Sargent and crazy cat youtuber lady were accused by other FEers to be CIA plants to steer the FE community in the wrong direction.

*edit: I forgot to mention that there is brief discussion regarding chemtrails. I'm sure these people eat up Alex Jones's garbage as well.
                                Last edited by Lost Student; 02-25-2019, 04:31 PM.
                                "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                                "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                                This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                                "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                                "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Working...
                                X