Expensive Suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Unlike NWC I wear suits a lot when I am not working... I guess it is the people I associate with.

I get nice, off-the-rack suits all the time from International Suit Warehouse for $300-$500. There is a nice Russian tailor guy (maybe a friend of Drumpf's) there that makes them fit great. If you are in DFW some time go there (the Richardson store) and ask for Frank and tell him that Ted sent you. I don't think his name is really "Frank" but maybe Francesco. He speaks with a pretty strong Italian accent. Frank will call me up when they get something new that he thinks I might like or if they are having a special on some nice suits. I most likely have about 25 suits or sports jackets right now. I need to clean out my closet and buy some new stuff. Their tie selection sucks, however.
    UT is a stiff who wears suits. In hot and humid Texas no less. Some freewheeling libertarian he is...
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      UT is a stiff who wears suits. In hot and humid Texas no less. Some freewheeling libertarian he is...
      I prefer to be called a sharp dressed man... because you know what that does to the girls:

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I prefer to be called a sharp dressed man... because you know what that does to the girls:

I hear you. But if you're going to wear an 80's style suit, make sure it fits better than this:

Byrne3_1.jpg
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          I hear you. But if you're going to wear an 80's style suit, make sure it fits better than this:

Man, when I was a kid I wanted that suit!

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• bought a couple suitsupply suits in the last six months. got them fitted and tailored in store. love them for half canvas suits.
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              bought a couple suitsupply suits in the last six months. got them fitted and tailored in store. love them for half canvas suits.
              Yep. That was my other option. I thought I'd give this a try, but it looks like it didn't work out. My navy suit is worn out, so I think i'll head to Suit Supply for that. Which suit style did you get? I'm looking at the Lazio.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                SU

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Yep. That was my other option. I thought I'd give this a try, but it looks like it didn't work out. My navy suit is worn out, so I think i'll head to Suit Supply for that. Which suit style did you get? I'm looking at the Lazio.
                  napoli. black lapel seems like they have cool stuff too. i like the accent stitched boutonnière thing. also i’d never had functional cuff buttons before but they are awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    the tank top I bought was wayyy too big
                    Speaking as a guy here, that's generally not a problem.
                    Anyone know why Babs doesn't post around here any more?
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Unlike NWC I wear suits a lot when I am not working... I guess it is the people I associate with.

I get nice, off-the-rack suits all the time from International Suit Warehouse for $300-$500. There is a nice Russian tailor guy (maybe a friend of Drumpf's) there that makes them fit great. If you are in DFW some time go there (the Richardson store) and ask for Frank and tell him that Ted sent you. I don't think his name is really "Frank" but maybe Francesco. He speaks with a pretty strong Italian accent. Frank will call me up when they get something new that he thinks I might like or if they are having a special on some nice suits. I most likely have about 25 suits or sports jackets right now. I need to clean out my closet and buy some new stuff. Their tie selection sucks, however.
                      Thanks for the recommendation, that's not far from my office. Will have to make a visit soon.
                      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                        napoli. black lapel seems like they have cool stuff too. i like the accent stitched boutonnière thing. also i’d never had functional cuff buttons before but they are awesome.
                        still love my suitsupply stuff, but i got a windowpane suit from black lapel that’s been in rotation. the custom lining, matching boutonnière/buttonhole accent stitching and ticket pocket are great details that you have to spend a lot more for at suitsupply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          I wore a Lazio to work today. Great suit.
                          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• A recent calling is forcing me wear suits for the first time in 20 years. My old suits, purchased in the 90's and early 00's feel like the David Byrne big suit above. I came to this thread to get some tips, and checked out some companies mentioned.

I'm about a 44 Regular, which means that anything off the rack comes with a 38 inch waste, while I'm a 34. That is a bit too much tailoring to feel comfortable about. Ultimately, I decided to go with HM Cole in downtown SLC. They take all the measurements, and hand cut at their own factory. For a basic 100% wool suit with all the details DDD listed early in this thread (half canvas, functional buttons on cuffs, etc.) it was about $700 per suit. That was about what I would have paid at Dillards for a Hart Schaffner and Marx suit off the rack (with a 38 inch waste). The downside is I have to wait about 4 weeks for them. So I guess I'll rock the old suit for a few weeks.

Last edited by chrisrenrut; 09-30-2022, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                              A recent calling is forcing me wear suits for the first time in 20 years. My old suits, purchased in the 90's and early 00's feel like the David Byrne big suit above. I came to this thread to get some tips, and checked out some companies mentioned.

I'm about a 44 Regular, which means that anything off the rack comes with a 38 inch waste, while I'm a 34. That is a bit too much tailoring to feel comfortable about. Ultimately, I decided to go with HM Cole in downtown SLC. They take all the measurements, and hand cut at their own factory. For a basic 100% wool suit with all the details DDD listed early in this thread (half canvas, functional buttons on cuffs, etc.) it was about $700 per suit. That was about what I would have paid at Dillards for a Hart Schaffner and Marx suit off the rack (with a 38 inch waste). The downside is I have to wait about 4 weeks for them. So I guess I'll rock the old suit for a few weeks.

Congrats, Bishop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post

Congrats, Bishop!
                                Not quite. One of the side chairs.

Comment

Working...
                                X