Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Soonercoug is way more pro-Mormon than the average American thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    I'm guessing he possesses a lot more Christlike attributes than your average Joe.

"What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Sooner helped me get my first job at BYU. I got to show Chieko Okazaki how to use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
        SoonerCoug has met 3 of the last 5 prophets and follows the Mormon Newsroom and apostles on twitter.

He used to follow the Church's official twitter account but can't anymore because he was blocked by @LDSChurch (AKA God's official twitter account) after he posted the Delbert Stapley letter.
        I met GBH for the first time when I was 11 (1983). He came to the mission home to visit my father and following dinner watched me jam out to Electric Avenue. :rockon2:
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Sooner stays mostly cool, calm, and collected in the face of many ad hominem attacks (even though I still maintain that he's trolling in about 95% of his Foyer threads).
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
            Sooner stays mostly cool, calm, and collected in the face of many ad hominem attacks (even though I still maintain that he's trolling in about 95% of his Foyer threads).
            Wrong thread. What does that have to do with being pro-mormon?
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              What do any of these have to do with being pro-Mormon?

On display in my home, I have a Sunstone and a Book of Mormon. I was a Gordon B. Hinckley scholar even though I told them that I didn't believe there was anything in the gospel that a person could know for sure.

I like fry sauce.

I want BYU to become the best university in the world, and I want Mormonism to be more like a university while they are at it.

I also have a no soliciting sign.
              SoonerCoug has met 3 of the last 5 prophets and follows the Mormon Newsroom and apostles on twitter.

He used to follow the Church's official twitter account but can't anymore because he was blocked by @LDSChurch (AKA God's official twitter account) after he posted the Delbert Stapley letter.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Sooner turns the other cheek like Jesus would do, while confronting and boldly educating(again, just like Jesus) his own Pharisees. He only wants what's best for the Church. He's severely misguided but pro-Mormon nonetheless.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  I agree. I hardly think my alleged deviation from the topic would have been an anomaly in this thread.

Comment

Soonercoug loves BYU. Everyone knows you love BYU if you are pro-Mormon.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      Soonercoug loves BYU. Everyone knows you love BYU if you are pro-Mormon.
                      He loves BYU. He just wants to radically and fundamentally change it, is all.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

He loves BYU. He just wants to radically and fundamentally change it, is all.
                        That was dangerously close to negative.
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                          That was dangerously close to negative.
                          I though the negativity proscription only applied to Sooner?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

My no soliciting sign is for religious people who come to my door trying to convert me. I don't want to be converted.

Fry sauce is Mormon.

I met prophets because I'm Mormon. In fact, I am willing to bet that I have met more prophets than anyone on this board. Maybe this experience gives me special insight.
                            That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

My no soliciting sign is for religious people who come to my door trying to convert me. I don't want to be converted.

Fry sauce is Mormon.

I met prophets because I'm Mormon. In fact, I am willing to bet that I have met more prophets than anyone on this board. Maybe this experience gives me special insight.
                              None of those things are pro-Mormon.

You may not want to be converted to any other religion because you don't believe in God.

Fry Sauce is Utah - not Mormon.

You met prophets because you are Mormon.... I think you met prophets because your relatives are Mormon, and probably pro-Mormon. Regardless, you may have met them, but you don't respect them or what they are doing, which is also not pro-Mormon.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

None of those things are pro-Mormon.

You may not want to be converted to any other religion because you don't believe in God.

Fry Sauce is Utah - not Mormon.

You met prophets because you are Mormon.... I think you met prophets because your relatives are Mormon, and probably pro-Mormon. Regardless, you may have met them, but you don't respect them or what they are doing, which is also not pro-Mormon.
                                I have been called a "hardcore Mormon" by coworkers. It's all a matter of perspective.

I'm wearing the garb. I spent two years in Siberia for the Church. I have donated large amounts of time and money to their cause. I think this qualifies me as being pro-Mormon.

I met Hinckley because BYU thought I should have a scholarship in his name. I told them I didn't think anything in the gospel could really be known for sure. They still viewed me as pro-Mormon.

If I didn't care about Mormonism I wouldn't say anything about it. I want it to improve. That's all. Go Mormonism!
                                Last edited by SoonerCoug; 07-30-2014, 12:26 PM.
                                That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

Working...
                                X