The 2015 Market Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    You are a market timer? Good luck with that.
    Not on purpose I'm not. Just had some stock that I planned to cash out. Like I implied with my post, I have no idea if the market will go up on down.

You think I would bump this thread of all threads if I was a market timer?

Comment

• Just curious as to what day we agreed on to stop giving Obama credit for the economy and to start giving it to Trump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        Just curious as to what day we agreed on to stop giving Obama credit for the economy and to start giving it to Trump?
        Better yet, why don't we agree that the POTUS has only a minor effect on short-term economic trends?
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Just curious as to what day we agreed on to stop giving Obama credit for the economy and to start giving it to Trump?
          You picked a funny day to make this point. Then again, maybe that was your intent.

DJI with the largest single-day point decline in history. Damn you, Trump! :coachk:
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• I lost about 2% of my portfolio's value today, but I made that in January, so.....I'm not terribly upset. I'm about where I was when the market closed for Christmas. Now, if it keeps going down like this the rest of the week, by Friday, all of last year will be gone.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

You picked a funny day to make this point. Then again, maybe that was your intent.

DJI with the largest single-day point decline in history. Damn you, Trump! :coachk:
              Yeah, it was a satirical post that mocked those that claim the president had a lot of influence on the economy and those that want to keep giving Obama and/or Trump credit for the ups and downs.

The Dow was down 1,175 but the S&P was only down 113. Good thing my money is in SPDRs.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Yeah, it was a satirical post that mocked those that claim the president had a lot of influence on the economy and those that want to keep giving Obama and/or Trump credit for the ups and downs.
                Nicely done. I hadn't seen the market news when I first responded.

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                The Dow was down 1,175 but the S&P was only down 113. Good thing my money is in SPDRs.
                Ha! More sarcastic wit.

DJI down 4.6%. S&P down 4.1%.

Comment

• Well, I'm no longer worth a million dollars

I suppose what goes up must come down

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

I like how unemployment dropped massively from 40% to almost nothing on the very day Trump took over!

Comment

Better yet, why don't we agree that the POTUS has only a minor effect on short-term economic trends?
                      Yeah, the stock market is influenced more by these robots than the POTUS...

I am pretty sure they are Russian.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                      X