No announcement yet.

2017 NFL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the NFL cares about its sliding ratings it will end the nonsense of shoving games like Denver vs. Cincy, two 3-6 teams, down anyone's throats outside of the home markets. The Pats v Raiders game has some relevance to it, especially with the Chiefs cratering.
    Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 11-19-2017, 01:29 PM.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      If the NFL cares about its sliding ratings it will end the nonsense of shoving games like Denver vs. Cincy, two 3-6 teams, down anyone's throats outside of the home markets. The Pats v Raiders game has some relevance to it, especially with the Chiefs cratering.
      CBS games are always the worst in the West for some reason. I’m really enjoying my team’s resurgence on Fox but it’s got to be frustrating for fans of any good AFC team to have to sit and watch that garbage.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
        A I sit here watching a 33-8 blowout while the Bengals and Broncos are in a close game, im reminded why you’re not a TV programming guru.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          A I sit here watching a 33-8 blowout while the Bengals and Broncos are in a close game, im reminded why you’re not a TV programming guru.
          In my market they cut the Pats game in the 4th quarter to show the Broncos game. I heard Brady was taken out soon after, so I was only mildly perturbed.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

Yes, you really missed out on Osweiler vs Dalton. Jacksonville and Cleveland was also close, all the affiliates outside of Ohio and Jacksonville sure missed out.

I guess if we go by spreads, more affiliates should pick up Cleveland vs Cincinnati as opposed to Philadelphia versus Chicago?
            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Morale at an all-time low on CS. Everyone is salty as hell about the stupidest shit right now.
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                SKOL, bitches!
                Broom, britches!!!

Comment

Broom, britches!!!
                  You still a Vikings fan? Hard to tell with you dumping sports allegiances left and right.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    You still a Vikings fan? Hard to tell with you dumping sports allegiances left and right.
                    They are good this year, so he’s a fan.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Take note, D-hole. That right there is a nice little troll without showing just what a trite little pink-writing grammar-correcting little bitch you are. Still feeling the sting from the U-Mass loss are we?

Comment

Take note, D-hole. That right there is a nice little troll without showing just what a trite little, pink-writing, grammar-correcting little bitch you are. Still feeling the sting from the U-Mass loss are we?
                        Yeah clearly I need to learn how to get under your skin. I’ll give that a try when calling you the spade that you are stops working.

Grammar tip: use series commas to separate the items in a list for clarity.

Comment

Yeah clearly I need to learn how to get under your skin. I’ll give that a try when calling you the spade that you are stops working.

Got it, thanks! Oh, let me share my bonafides though no one asked. I moved to Minnesota as I entered high school. I was raised in Utah prior to that with really no pro football allegiance (I liked Danny White though I hated the Cowboys). My conversion was swift and thorough. They are loveable losers and helluva lot of fun when when they win. I’ve never wavered it’s just that there aren’t any Vikings fans here so unless they are relevant it’s not worth bringing them up.
                          Last edited by Blueintheface; 11-24-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Over Thanksgiving dinner, my conspiracy theory BIL mentioned his latest speculation that the Dallas Cowboys have thrown in the towel on the their season and are losing on purpose in order to have better draft prospects. After dinner we watched the Chargers-Cowboys game together and he almost has me convinced.
                            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Not that I enjoy correcting the grammar of the grammar-correcting bitch, but I think you need another comma between "trite" and "little."
                              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                                Not that I enjoy correcting the grammar of the grammar-correcting bitch, but I think you need another comma between "trite" and "little."
                                No, I think d-hole is correct. I think “trite little” meets the standard of cumulative adjectives based on the rearrangement test.

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/edu...ith-adjectives
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X