Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man the lifeboats, it looks like the SS Utah Basketball has hit an iceberg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    I have to give Jacob some kudos. We argued over whether KC would ever play point at BYU. I said no way, no how, never, HELL no would Rose ever do that. KC clearly practiced the point and did play at least a few minutes of backup point his frosh year. I actually was quite surprised, but I have to admit I was wrong on that. I still doubt he will ever play significant amount of 1 minutes his career, but I can at least acknowledge it's a possibility.
    I think it is a possibility but I think the most minutes he will see at PG will be the year after Winder and Carlino graduate. I think for the next two years he will see the preponderance of his minutes at the 4 and 3.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
      Who is a post player returning next year? Harward? Austin and Sharp are both tall perimeter players. Mika is a true post player but he will be a center.

But I think tall perimeter players are what Rose would prefer at the 4. I think Austin has the skillset to be a good 4 for BYU but for some reason he seems to not be any better today than he was this time a year ago. I think Sharp is just limited against physical teams because of his slight build. My memory was Collinsworth was much stronger and thicker.

Further, if BYU is going to continue to play more zone defenses they need more athleticism from the bottom 3 defenders. Collinsworth is more able to go get a rebound than Austin and Sharp. I also think BYU will need another legit scorer on the court other than Haws and Carlino. I don't think it will be Mika, Austin or Sharp but I think Collinsworth will be more important to have on the court than Austin or Sharp. So I am hoping the legit scorer will come from JC and take a perimeter starting position and Collinsworth will move to the 4.
      The only quibble I have is that I think Sharp is a fantastic rebounder especially on the offensive end. He is the best athlete on the team and his athleticism allows him to rebound out of his area which is a skill and ability that is not shared by anyone else on the team. That skill alone will continue to get Sharp a ton of minutes even when KC returns.
      Last edited by Flystripper; 01-28-2013, 10:18 AM.
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
        The only quibble I have is that I think Sharp is a fantastic rebounder especially on the offensive end. He is the best athlete on the team and his athleticism allows him to rebound out of his area which is a skill and ability that is not shared by anyone else on the team. That skill alone will continue to get Sharp a ton of minutes even when KC returns.
        In a zone defense Kyle and Sharp on the bottom would be pretty good. But I still worry about how BYU is going to score much next year with the 5 players on the floor being Mika, Sharp, Kyle, Haws and Carlino.
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Did BYU hoops hit an iceberg I'm not aware of? Move along now ...

Wapiti lamented the dearth of JUCO basketball options in this state. Fact is, even if those schools still played JUCO ball, they wouldn't be the feeders today that they were for D-1 programs a decade-plus ago. Prep schools have greatly reduced the impact JUCOs have on the D-1 game.

Comment

• I've always enjoyed Henderson's energy on the floor. Unfortunately it hurt him off of the court.

I remember when the Utes got a commitment from him, I Googled him up, and read about how he got kicked out of 3 basketball games as a senior in HS, on the team that his dad coached. I told a Ute buddy of mine that he's "(g)oing to be either very good, or he will flame out in spectacular fashion. Either way, it will be entertaining."

I have no grudge against the kid. In a way I envy his zest and passion. I really hope that he has his personal life straightened out. I'd hate to see that talent and personality go to waste.

Comment

• Originally posted by U-Ute View Post

I remember when the Utes got a commitment from him, I Googled him up, and read about how he got kicked out of 3 basketball games as a senior in HS, on the team that his dad coached. I told a Ute buddy of mine that he's "(g)oing to be either very good, or he will flame out in spectacular fashion. Either way, it will be entertaining."
              I remember reading a post from you that said this. I think it was here. Good call. SWISH! (I wasn't entertained, however, unless you count what he's doing now.)
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                I've gotta hand it to the kid, he is colorful:

Why is Brian Johnson moonlighting as security at Auburn basketball games?

Comment

• http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...g-a-break.html

Bachynski taking a break. We could use him down in Provo.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...g-a-break.html

Bachynski taking a break. We could use him down in Provo.
                    We could. We could use his brother more.

Not good though for Utah.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      We could. We could use his brother more.

Not good though for Utah.
                      He hasn't played well since the preseason. Something personal is probably up with him. I hope he gets it worked out.
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Working...
                      X