Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    How is he not responsible? All bank stocks jumped significantly the day after the election and they’ve stayed up for the most part. Did something else happen on Election Day to cause the jump?
    Come on. That's an awfully simplistic analysis.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/02/insa...not-trump.html

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/20/538354...-a-trump-rally
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      In the middle of a discussion where people claim frank is only worried about tweets.
      He's also worried about Trump colluding with the Russians to win the election and nuclear war with NK. The first hasn't been proven and will not be and the second isn't going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        He's also worried about Trump colluding with the Russians to win the election and nuclear war with NK. The first hasn't been proven and will not be and the second isn't going to happen.
        That's it? No other concerns about a Trump presidency?

Phew. Frank, we can all relax.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
          You are indeed a master of mocking arguments nobody is making.
          Go back and read og’s post and I think you’ll start to understand why cowboy said what he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

How is he not responsible? All bank stocks jumped significantly the day after the election and they’ve stayed up for the most part. Did something else happen on Election Day to cause the jump?

fyi the s&p and dow each grew at a faster rate 1/1/16 to 10/1/16 than 1/1/17 to 10/1/17.
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Go back and read og’s post and I think you’ll start to understand why cowboy said what he said.
              So you are only talking about the election day jump? Seriously?

Comment

So you are only talking about the election day jump? Seriously?
                :facepalm:

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  fyi the s&p and dow each grew at a faster rate 1/1/16 to 10/1/16 than 1/1/17 to 10/1/17.
                  Markets have been on a great run since 2012. And a linear trend since Feb 2016.

Comment

Markets have been on a great run since 2012. And a linear trend since Feb 2016.
                    but muh trump bank stock!!
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• The table in this article is interesting.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oba...uly-2017-08-01

Best president in the modern era for stock market gains? Obama.
                      Worst president? GWB.

I hope Trump ends up topping that. In spite of his imbecility and anti-market tendencies.

Comment

The table in this article is interesting.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oba...uly-2017-08-01

Best president in the modern era for stock market gains? Obama.
                        Worst president? GWB.

I hope Trump ends up topping that. In spite of his imbecility and anti-market tendencies.
                        SO, taking your posts together, you think Obama should get credit for being great for markets, and perhaps GWB blame for being bad for markets, and that other, non-presidential factors have driven the market during Trump's presidency so he gets zero credit (although one of the articles you linked did note the likely positive effect of his de-regulation efforts on business)?
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          SO, taking your posts together, you think Obama should get credit for being great for markets, and perhaps GWB blame for being bad for markets, and that other, non-presidential factors have driven the market during Trump's presidency so he gets zero credit (although one of the articles you linked did note the likely effect of his regulation efforts on business)?

Comment

That was sort of how I felt reading your posts.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

That's it? No other concerns about a Trump presidency?

Phew. Frank, we can all relax.
                              Well I left out the other conspiracy theories and the news articles from left-wing sites.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                SO, taking your posts together, you think Obama should get credit for being great for markets, and perhaps GWB blame for being bad for markets, and that other, non-presidential factors have driven the market during Trump's presidency so he gets zero credit (although one of the articles you linked did note the likely positive effect of his de-regulation efforts on business)?
                                Interesting. I wonder if the fellow authoring the article knows what the Fed did and what mark to market accounting is.

I wonder what the genius Cuban (Mark). He advised Everton to get out if Trump one. I heard Soros lost a billion or two. I feel real bad about that.

I have a soft spot in my heart for predictors of doom.

Comment

Working...
                                X