THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I'm unaware of any DV perpetrated by any of my neighbors, whether intoxicated or sober.
    Never put it in record.. You’re screwed now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
      My response may have been off the cuff

I’m guessing you don’t excel at reading comprehension exams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
        I’m guessing you don’t excel at reading comprehension exams.

Comment

• The BIG10 is a cesspool. Coaches who beat their wives. Coaches who molest kids. Coaches who molest athletes. The coaches who cover it all up. And of course the fans who enable it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
            So he's only suspended from the games themselves? What a joke.
            When players get suspended for have, do they still get to practice with the team? Honest question.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I do not condone any DV and have volunteered with programs that help families in these situations.

This is the equivalent of saying you can’t be racist you have black friends.
              *Banned*

Comment

My response may have been off the cuff, but I am a bit jilted by all of this and the wave of issues where Men have become brow-beaten in public where things are not as cut and dry as the media portrays things.

I do not condone any DV and have volunteered with programs that help families in these situations.

This situation is a messy one. In my profession in reviewing individuals with MH, substance abuse issues we have repeat callers. The police alone had been called to their residence over 60 to 90 times by both individuals.

The bully-pulpit some journalist use to me undermines their profession and reporting. Murphy alone held onto additional information to strategically release this last week. Why?? For ulterior motives. His new job, hatred for UM, an effort to try and sway the outcomes. Whatever happened to reporting all the facts.

Did he do wrong, yes, but are we not just as equally responsible for the DV we see in our neighborhoods, community that we chose to ignore. If UM is culpable, each and everyone one of us are equally culpable for our inactions when are drunk neighbors are at it again..

Where is the line drawn? The point is, this is a complicated issue and due to over heightened reactions, it can shift the paradigm further than what is considered reasonable and Men will be held accountable for situations they have no control over.

Call me vile, call me whatever you want. But your reaction is the prime example of the point I was making.

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• The Official OSU and Urban Meyer Era begins now thread

https://goo.gl/images/f8Ag6Q

Last edited by dabrockster; 08-23-2018, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Do I dare click the image link?

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      This is the equivalent of saying you can’t be racist you have black friends.
                      And there it is.. We can’t have these conversations without someone crying racism.

Comment

And there it is.. We can’t have these conversations without someone crying racism.

That's a pretty trans-phobic thing to say.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Is there an easier guy to troll on the entire board? Asking for a friend of mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            That's a pretty trans-phobic thing to say.
                            Ok, you got a real/literal LOL from me when I read this.

Comment

Hmm. That seems a bit reactionary.

The allegations of abuse at Ohio State are fairly small potatoes compared to what we see at the court or what the young gymnasts suffered at the hands of Dr. Nassar. I am entirely burned out, even as a woman, on the media's obsession with abuse/discrimination/victimization and the apparent need to conflate the crime of rape with sexual discrimination.

That said, I am surprised that any remotely informed fan could think these allegations and the NCAA's response would "motivate" Ohio State's football team to win a national title this season. This is the same team that lost to Oklahoma on its own turf. This is the same team that watched Baker Mayfield plant an OU flag in the Ohio State stadium and yet failed to be "motivated" enough to defeat Iowa --- IOWA --- later that same year. This is the same team that was blanked by Clemson. And yet they'll win a national title? Really? I look forward to watching this drama unfold.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

yet failed to be "motivated" enough to defeat Iowa --- IOWA --- later that same year.
                                I thought the free beacon's troll of this was a little better:

Hillary Clinton failed to capture Iowa's six electoral votes in the 2016 election. Urban Meyer's only visit to Iowa was a disaster, losing by 31 points to Kirk Ferentz's unranked squad in 2017 and torpedoing Ohio State's chance at the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X