No announcement yet.

Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunrise. What else you gonna do after dropping the kids off for seminary but have a blood draw appointment at 8:30?

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
      Sunrise. What else you gonna do after dropping the kids off for seminary but have a blood draw appointment at 8:30?

Hey I like this one. I would have tried to capture just the central part of the mountain, so it looks like Mount Fuji, and then incorporated the table and chairs, which look very similar to the kanji for Gate. You could rock the oriental feeling.

Comment

• A couple of my favorite photos (sans people) from the latest trip. I’m no expert, but I’m pretty happy with most of the shots I got with my little iPhone.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Like the shadow picture, Mol.

Comment

• iphone7, Moment wide lens, Hoya UV filter, no post edits
            Last edited by Katy Lied; 03-25-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post

iphone7, Moment wide lens, Hoya UV filter, no post edits
              Love that picture. What beach?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                Love that picture. What beach?
                Based on KL's previous post, I'd guess Waikiki...

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  maybe oahu, but i dont think its waikiki.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    I was thinking around there, but maybe a little farther west. We never did make it to Waikiki when we visited last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      maybe oahu, but i dont think its waikiki.
                      Agreed; Diamond Head induced me to make a sucker's bet.

Comment

• hyuk, good luck trying to find a stretch of beach in Waikiki without any people. i thought Diddley might recognize it. it’s Nimitz Beach, at Barbers Point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                          hyuk, good luck trying to find a stretch of beach in Waikiki without any people. i thought Diddley might recognize it. it’s Nimitz Beach, at Barbers Point.
                          I missed that corner of the island completely last year. Something to do next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                            I was thinking around there, but maybe a little farther west. We never did make it to Waikiki when we visited last year.
                            Did you go up to Bellows on the North Shore? We used to go there back in the day.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                              Did you go up to Bellows on the North Shore? We used to go there back in the day.
                              Drove past it a few times but never stopped. Too many places, so little time.

Comment

• Got to play with my son's Sony A6000 (he mistakingly told me it was an A6300) and I am mostly impressed. It is less than half the size and weight of my Cannon 6D. Here are two shots taken while feeding the squirrels sunflower seeds at a local park:

Cannon 6D (24-105 lens, automatic settings)

Sony A6000 (3.5-5.5/16-50 kit lens, automatic settings)
                                Last edited by tooblue; 04-03-2019, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X