The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    It seems this reporter touched on a sensitive subject with Hillary... “That’s not going to happen,... we don’t want any more inexperienced Trumps in the White House.”

I wonder how Hillary is so confident that would never happen... Maybe she knows something that we don't?
    Here she goes with the "take our country back" rhetoric.

Those of us in the middle are getting tired of being passed back and forth each week between our divorced parents.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The administration's drug policy, as reflected in Sessions' letter yesterday calling for the death penalty for drug dealers, is soooooo Trump--talk really tough and wow your base. Much like The Wall, his drug policy has a superficial appeal but doesn't address the real problem, and the cost/benefit ratio of the policy is absurdly high. I'll let the Board Medical Team correct me, but it's my understanding that the opioid epidemic is due primarily to such drugs being overprescribed with little follow-up (I'm genuinely certain our Team doesn't do this, but I'm aware many physicians do), and poor institutional controls. But it's far easier to kill drug dealers (a la Duterte, another despotic world leader of whom the Donald is an apparent fan), just as it is to build a multibillion dollar wall along 10% of our nation's border, than to try to understand and treat the real issues.

[Edit: Thought I was putting this in the MAGA thread, but wth, I'll leave it here...]

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        The administration's drug policy, as reflected in Sessions' letter yesterday calling for the death penalty for drug dealers, is soooooo Trump--talk really tough and wow your base. Much like The Wall, his drug policy has a superficial appeal but doesn't address the real problem, and the cost/benefit ratio of the policy is absurdly high. I'll let the Board Medical Team correct me, but it's my understanding that the opioid epidemic is due primarily to such drugs being overprescribed with little follow-up (I'm genuinely certain our Team doesn't do this, but I'm aware many physicians do), and poor institutional controls. But it's far easier to kill drug dealers (a la Duterte, another despotic world leader of whom the Donald is an apparent fan), just as it is to build a multibillion dollar wall along 10% of our nation's border, than to try to understand and treat the real issues.

[Edit: Thought I was putting this in the MAGA thread, but wth, I'll leave it here...]
        In an interesting turn of events - with the intensifying light of a magnifying glass probing all of the corners related to the opioid epidemic, Monday night I was listening to a replay of the Doug Write show on KSL, and he was reporting that the pendulum may have swung too far and there are now hospitals who are experiencing a shortage of pain medication to be used for patients with legitimate needs.

Comment

• Thanks Zuck Schumer... THE FTC IS POWERLESS TO REGULATE FACEBOOK RIGHT NOW. ASK CHUCK SCHUMER WHY.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• y6OsVC1VWRsw0LRVPWL3L1htsiwrSFaebr0rAzN3mPI.jpg
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

[ATTACH]8721[/ATTACH]
              And 84% of them want an iPhone!
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Kids don’t use Facebook.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Kids don’t use Facebook.
                  But Facebook owns Instagram, WhatsApp, etc. as well.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The RNC leadership seems to have veered ever so slightly away from an evangelical bent...
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• I thought it was because of the Russians.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Women are dying because democrats are losing elections!

Edit: Time to post this video again...

Last edited by Uncle Ted; 04-16-2018, 03:43 PM.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• If you can't beat them, sue them:

DNC sues Russia, Trump campaign and WikiLeaks over alleged election interference

The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is suing the Russian government, the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks, alleging that the three entities conspired to help President Trump win the 2016 election.

By hacking and publishing the committee's emails, multiple individuals and groups were part of a larger conspiracy to damage Hillary Clinton’s campaign and help Trump win the election, DNC's lawsuit alleges.

“During the 2016 presidential campaign, Russia launched an all-out assault on our democracy, and it found a willing and active partner in Donald Trump’s campaign,” DNC chairman Tom Perez said in a statement.

“This constituted an act of unprecedented treachery: the campaign of a nominee for President of the United States in league with a hostile foreign power to bolster its own chance to win the presidency.”
                          [...]
                          http://thehill.com/regulation/court-...leaks-alleging

Suing the Russian government...

I wonder if they will counter sue.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Democrats just can’t let it go. Maybe they should move on and focus on 2018/2020 so we don’t get stuck with orange Reich for another 4 years.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              Democrats just can’t let it go. Maybe they should move on and focus on 2018/2020 so we don’t get stuck with orange Reich for another 4 years.
                              You're wrong. By employing this action, Dems are acting on behalf of everyone to protect the integrity of our elections.

If you don't think that is important, then just ask Bernie Sanders or Donna Brazile.
                              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• The DNC calling Russia a hostile foreign power is hilarious. Up is down.

Comment

Working...
                                X