Where to eat in Utah Valley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Taking out the family for dinner on Friday for MIL’s birthday. She wants a “good steak”. Considering she lives in Provo and I don’t, it would seem the onus to find a place would be on her. It would seem ....

Any recommendations? It doesn’t need to be a high end chop house, but I would prefer something better than Outback
    There are zero good steak houses in Utah County. Sorry.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Well at least I can take a video of my 80 YO MIL in the saddle at Texas Roadhouse as the Daisy Dukes serenade her.

Comment

There's a Sizzler right off of University.

Comment

What about Sundance?

Comment

What about Sundance?
            Not too bad. The Tree Room used to serve a decent peppercorn filet with mango chutney. Haven't been there in years.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

The Dude is right.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

The Chef's Table used to be pretty good. And there was a Carver's for a while. I guess the UC doesn't value a good steak.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Red Fuego makes a really damn good Peruvian chicken. The Lomo Saltado is really good too, but I have a hard time not ordering chicken when I'm there.
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• My 8 year old loves Dalton's Steakhouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                      My 8 year old loves Dalton's Steakhouse.
                      and? What does the rest of family think? I've never heard of Dalton's before.

Comment

and? What does the rest of family think? I've never heard of Dalton's before.
                        Art, if your MIL lives here you should be fine. You could take her to a mediocre place and she likely won't know any better. Case in point, I took my 89-yr-old mother to Red Lobster last night (at her request) and she loved it. Bless her heart.

Comment

Art, if your MIL lives here you should be fine. You could take her to a mediocre place and she likely won't know any better. Case in point, I took my 89-yr-old mother to Red Lobster last night (at her request) and she loved it. Bless her heart.
                          Excellent point. Though she lived most of her adult live in DC (only transplanted to the UV after she became a widow, a decade ago). Which. other than NYC. has more amazing dining options, than anywhere I've ever been. However, she will be perfectly happy with Magelbys or any non-chain restaurant.

Comment

Excellent point. Though she lived most of her adult live in DC (only transplanted to the UV after she became a widow, a decade ago). Which. other than NYC. has more amazing dining options, than anywhere I've ever been. However, she will be perfectly happy with Magelbys or any non-chain restaurant.
                            Take her to Cultura Bakery and Cafe. No steak, but the best beans, eggs, and plantains in the UC.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Where to eat in Utah Valley?

Just got yelled out for trying to order. “You can get hashbrowns anywhere. You’ll be getting my grits. Best you’ve ever had”. Joe’s Cafe is fantastic.

Always cracks me up to look at the photo wall. Joe seems to like to take pictures with some customers more than others

Last edited by Art Vandelay; 08-02-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• A Food Hall just opened in Provo. The Hut. Jurassic Tacos are there. Jurassic Tacos are delicious.
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X