No announcement yet.

Baseball thread 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two wins so far against USD which had a 16 game winning streak and was expected to win the conference.

The conference will be determined by games against St. Mary's and Gonzaga. Sound familiar?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
      I doubt that holds this year, but that's great publicity. They have won a lot of games by big margins. The offense is very good but the pitching is not very deep.
      I disagree. The pitching is plenty deep for this team to be special. You only really need a solid 1 and 2 in college. They have an absolute ace in Rucker and Buffo has been solid. Cenatiempo is great out of the pen. Their team ERA had them ranked in the 40's. Not sure what it is at now.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Up 7-0 over Utes in third inning. This is a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
          Up 7-0 over Utes in third inning. This is a good team.
          Not sure why the Utes are even playing us. What do they have to gain?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

11-0 after the third inning.

Shavers struck in the third.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Probably becasue they are so bad they knew BYU would not be violently angry and so they did it to show they DO play BYU, sometimes.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                Probably becasue they are so bad they knew BYU would not be violently angry and so they did it to show they DO play BYU, sometimes.
                Still spanked 'em.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

How many times did a BYU pitcher throw at a batter's head?

I am also certain that BYU flipped their bat after any home run, that they attempted to steal a base while up by 10 runs, and that they walked in front of the Ute catcher on their way to the batter's box.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                    How many times did a BYU pitcher throw at a batter's head?

I am also certain that BYU flipped their bat after any home run, that they attempted to steal a base while up by 10 runs, and that they walked in front of the Ute catcher on their way to the batter's box.
                    No throws at the head and only one home run. He sat the bat down IIRC. No stolen bases after up by ten runs. Well maybe not true on that one.

Comment

St. Mary's series starts today. This one and the Gonzaga series will decide the conference in all likelihood. We will learn what the Cougars are made of this week in Moraga.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Their rpi improves even by losing to us, especially because the P12 sucks this year.

Comment

I'm watching the St. Mary's stream of the game right now. I have a whole new respect for BYUTV.
                          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                            I'm watching the St. Mary's stream of the game right now. I have a whole new respect for BYUTV.
                            I'm sitting in the SMC stands with a total of maybe 40 other fans and I have even greater respect for Larry Miller Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              I'm sitting in the SMC stands with a total of maybe 40 other fans and I have even greater respect for Larry Miller Stadium.
                              Geez I should pop by after work!
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                Geez I should pop by after work!
                                Do it. Top of the 7th, 1-1, x with two surprisingly good pitchers. SMC'S pitcher just got the hook, though, with runners at 1st and 2nd, no outs. My clients think I'm at an important meeting. They're right.

Comment

Working...
                                X