Post your diet and workout plans here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice work, BG.

I outlined my workout in the "Exercise Myth" thread, but I feel as good right now as I've felt in years--even when I was 20 pounds lighter.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• So I'm doing a weight loss challenge with a bunch of people at the office. I've never been a calorie counter, and I didn't intend to start now. Instead, I planned to increase my vegetable intake, decrease my soda and other poor foods consumption, play basketball, ride my bike a lot, and get into the gym a couple times a week.

We have weekly weigh-ins. I won the first week (by a lot), but not the second or third. So I met with a trainer on Saturday. She set me up on a 1700 calorie diet with the following approximate breakout:

Protein - 180 g
      Carbs - 125 g (only 30 g from sugars)
      Fats - 55 g

I'm using an app to help me track my intake - MyFitnessPal. I've had difficulty eating enough protein without eclipsing my carb or fats allotment. Most meals now have egg whites or chicken or both.

Today I picked up some protein powder and some protein bars. I'm hoping that they will help me reach my protein goal without going over on carbs and /or fats. I'm a little worried about what this crap is going to do to my digestive system.

I have been riding a fair amount, but I went to a BodyPump class tonight that pretty much kicked every muscle group in my body. Pretty pathetic when I look around and see a bunch of chicks having no problem with more weight than I was using.

Tomorrow morning I have basketball and cycling. Tomorrow night I have my first workout with my trainer. Thursday is another BodyPump class.

This better work.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Post your diet and workout plans here

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        So I'm doing a weight loss challenge with a bunch of people at the office. I've never been a calorie counter, and I didn't intend to start now. Instead, I planned to increase my vegetable intake, decrease my soda and other poor foods consumption, play basketball, ride my bike a lot, and get into the gym a couple times a week.

We have weekly weigh-ins. I won the first week (by a lot), but not the second or third. So I met with a trainer on Saturday. She set me up on a 1700 calorie diet with the following approximate breakout:

Protein - 180 g
        Fats - 55 g

I'm using an app to help me track my intake - MyFitnessPal. I've had difficulty eating enough protein without eclipsing my carb or fats allotment. Most meals now have egg whites or chicken or both.

Today I picked up some protein powder and some protein bars. I'm hoping that they will help me reach my protein goal without going over on carbs and /or fats. I'm a little worried about what this crap is going to do to my digestive system.

I have been riding a fair amount, but I went to a BodyPump class tonight that pretty much kicked every muscle group in my body. Pretty pathetic when I look around and see a bunch of chicks having no problem with more weight than I was using.

Tomorrow morning I have basketball and cycling. Tomorrow night I have my first workout with my trainer. Thursday is another BodyPump class.

This better work.
        if you're accurate in your calorie counting, you're going to find out that watching what you eat has way more to do with losing weight than working out.

That's technically not true, as they are directly correlated, but it will sure seem that way when you realize that you can undo an entire hour of body pump in just a few bites.

Also, go to town on diet soda; I find that it curbs my appetite.

Good luck, Pel!

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          if you're accurate in your calorie counting, you're going to find out that watching what you eat has way more to do with losing weight than working out.

That's technically not true, as they are directly correlated, but it will sure seem that way when you realize that you can undo an entire hour of body pump in just a few bites.

Also, go to town on diet soda; I find that it curbs my appetite.

Good luck, Pel!

Very true. Yesterday, I exceeding my daily calorie total just during lunch. Damn pizza and sweets.

I'm not a big fan of diet soda. I'd rather drink water.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Very true. Yesterday, I exceeding my daily calorie total just during lunch. Damn pizza and sweets.

I'm not a big fan of diet soda. I'd rather drink water.
            You get used to it. [emoji2]
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

There are cost reasons to use chicken (and maybe they dominate here) but there are lots of other lean cuts of meat that will work. You could easily work in 93/7 hamburger or even 90/10 (both are staples for me when I diet; I freeze thin four ounce patties make hamburgers using 100 calorie bagel thins). There are plenty of cuts of beef that are quite lean (they won't be near as good as nice marbled cuts of beef). Also, pork loin is lean enough too. (And fish too.)

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              This better work.
              Obviously it's not going to work if you blow a days worth of calories on one meal.
              Last edited by pelagius; 05-27-2015, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Protein - 180 g
                Fats - 55 g

If you want to spend a little bit of scratch getting to your protein goal (which I'm sure you know 180 grams per day is barely possible), go get some Muscle Eggs. It's flavored pasteurized egg whites that you can buy by the gallon and that you can drink straight up. You won't have the same problems assimilating the protein that you do with your protein shakes and it tastes 100% better. Trust me on this one.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Post your diet and workout plans here

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                  There are cost reasons to use chicken (and maybe they dominate here) but there are lots of other lean cuts of meat that will work. You could easily work in 93/7 hamburger or even 90/10 (both are staples for me when I diet.
                  This is shocking. Power lifters don't diet! You should be slamming GOMAD instead of weighing lean hamburger. I really don't know what to think about this.
                  Last edited by YOhio; 05-27-2015, 04:31 AM.

Comment

• Protein I rotate through: greek yogurt, protein shakes, chicken breast, protein bars, beef jerky, turkey or ham lunch meat, tuna fish, cottage cheese, eggs--mostly whites. I try to eat lean enough during the day that I can have a normal dinner, at least in small portions.
                    Last edited by jay santos; 05-27-2015, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      This is shocking. Power lifters don't diet! You should be slamming GOMAD instead of weighing lean hamburger. I really don't know what to think about this.
                      You've had 8 years to adjust to this shocking revelation. I suspect you'll be ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                        There are cost reasons to use chicken (and maybe they dominate here) but there are lots of other lean cuts of meat that will work. You could easily work in 93/7 hamburger or even 90/10 (both are staples for me when I diet; I freeze thin four ounce patties make hamburgers using 100 calorie bagel thins). There are plenty of cuts of beef that are quite lean (they won't be near as good as nice marbled cuts of beef). Also, pork loin is lean enough too. (And fish too.)

Obviously it's not going to work if you blow a days worth of calories on one meal.
                        I'm not going exclusively with chicken. Both yesterday and today I'll have pork for lunch. I'm also not opposed to beef.
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I've believe I've posted several times in this thread in the past few years with different plans. I have always seen decent results for a few weeks an then backslid. I think I'm finally on to a plan that will help me get to a weight I can maintain. I'm rapidly approaching 40, and my metabolism seems to have slowed again accordingly. I have noticed in the past 6 months that when I played soccer my knees really hurt. I was probably well over 210 at that point. My wife was starting a meal plan to lose the weight from her second pregnancy so she offered to double the meal prep so I could participate and I couldn't turn it down. It's a meal plan from this lady:

http://www.cleansimplefoodie.com/

The meal prep is a bit time consuming so I obviously owe a lot of the success to my wife. While the meals aren't what I would like to be eating day in and day out, they are all actually pretty tasty and I don't dread choking them down like I have other meal plans in the past. I typically have 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. The plans tell you exactly what to prepare. I haven't been very strict on the workouts, but I typically get one rowing/lifting workout a week, one soccer league game, and at least one Varsity football game to ref. I'm going to try to add in more running/lifting in the next couple weeks.

I'm very pleased with the results so far. I was under 190 for the first time in forever this morning. Target weight is 180. In my soccer game last week I felt faster than I have in about 5 years and my knees had no soreness after. I have been giving myself one large cheat meal per week (and I REALLY go hard on that meal) and it hasn't seemed to slow down my progress. When I get to 180 my plan is to eat normal meals again, but focus on portion control and completely eliminate snacking at work. Then allow myself to party on Saturday. If I start to creep back up I'll obviously have to adjust. My wife has had very good results as well. I believe she's down over 30 pounds and has a target of 10 more. She's also back into crossfit full-time, so she can probably beat me up again.

Few things in life feel as good as getting in shape. I hope I can make the results last.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            I've believe I've posted several times in this thread in the past few years with different plans. I have always seen decent results for a few weeks an then backslid. I think I'm finally on to a plan that will help me get to a weight I can maintain. I'm rapidly approaching 40, and my metabolism seems to have slowed again accordingly. I have noticed in the past 6 months that when I played soccer my knees really hurt. I was probably well over 210 at that point. My wife was starting a meal plan to lose the weight from her second pregnancy so she offered to double the meal prep so I could participate and I couldn't turn it down. It's a meal plan from this lady:

http://www.cleansimplefoodie.com/

The meal prep is a bit time consuming so I obviously owe a lot of the success to my wife. While the meals aren't what I would like to be eating day in and day out, they are all actually pretty tasty and I don't dread choking them down like I have other meal plans in the past. I typically have 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. The plans tell you exactly what to prepare. I haven't been very strict on the workouts, but I typically get one rowing/lifting workout a week, one soccer league game, and at least one Varsity football game to ref. I'm going to try to add in more running/lifting in the next couple weeks.

I'm very pleased with the results so far. I was under 190 for the first time in forever this morning. Target weight is 180. In my soccer game last week I felt faster than I have in about 5 years and my knees had no soreness after. I have been giving myself one large cheat meal per week (and I REALLY go hard on that meal) and it hasn't seemed to slow down my progress. When I get to 180 my plan is to eat normal meals again, but focus on portion control and completely eliminate snacking at work. Then allow myself to party on Saturday. If I start to creep back up I'll obviously have to adjust. My wife has had very good results as well. I believe she's down over 30 pounds and has a target of 10 more. She's also back into crossfit full-time, so she can probably beat me up again.

Few things in life feel as good as getting in shape. I hope I can make the results last.
                            Bravo!

I am down 30 lbs and holding steady. I feel great.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I need some of you guys' motivation.
                              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                                I need some of you guys' motivation.
                                I do too.

I have been really lazy since my last race in May. I have done very little in terms of regular exercise.

Luckily I have super metabolism. Hopefully it never slows down.

Comment

Working...
                                X