No announcement yet.

DC, heal thyself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Franken and Moore can serve on a senate committee together!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      Maybe Franken and Moore can serve on a senate committee together!
      Democrats and Republicans building bridges.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I’m not sure there are enough self affirmations to survive this.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

I have no problem believing Franken is creepy. He’s weird.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            To be fair, he didn't say he didn't remember the encounter, he just said he remembered it differently than the Accuser
            Of course he remembers it differently. He wasn’t the one being sexually abused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Of course he remembers it differently. He wasn’t the one being sexually abused.

Kind of makes you want to kick him good in the crotch, and then just say "I remember it differently" when he reports it.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                I have no problem believing Franken is creepy. He’s weird.
                Yeah, creepy and weird...

maQ_KHhSLh2fnziS0BB-30xpAahVdefJ7ry7QPceU9E.jpg
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Enter the idiot.

Cue the Hollywood Access tape.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    Enter the idiot.

Cue the Hollywood Access tape.
                    Or all the Howard Stern tapes.

Comment

Someone should set up in Lafayette Square and run all that on a loop on loudspeakers pointed at the White House.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                        Someone should set up in Lafayette Square and run all that on a loop on loudspeakers pointed at the White House.
                        6 Creepy Things Donald Trump Has Said About Ivanka

#6:

When asked what he and his daughter both consider their favorite things, Trump answered, “I was going to say sex, but I can relate to [golf and real estate].”

#5:

“Ivanka posing for Playboy would be really disappointing… not really. But it would depend on what was inside the magazine…I don’t think Ivanka would [do a nude shoot] inside the magazine, Although she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said that if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

#4:

“You know who’s one of the great beauties of the world, according to everybody? And I helped create her. Ivanka. My daughter, Ivanka. She’s 6 feet tall, she’s got the best body.”

#3:

“She’s actually always been very voluptuous… she’s tall, she’s almost 6 feet tall… she’s a real beauty.”

#2:

“Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father….”

#1:

“Is it wrong to be more sexually attracted to your own daughter than your wife?”
                        Read more: http://forward.com/schmooze/357185/6...-about-ivanka/

Comment

Franken's history of objectifying and degrading women...

Franken Pitched SNL Sketch About Drugging And Raping A News Anchor

The recent allegations of sexual misconduct against Democratic Sen. Al Franken have eery similarities to a past sketch the former comedian proposed that involve drugging and raping a news anchor.

In a 1995 “Saturday Night Live” rehearsal with staff writers, Franken openly pitched a joke involving drugging CBS “60 Minutes” anchor Leslie Stahl, then raping her. The account was captured by New York Magazine, which sat in on the rehearsal.
                          [...]
                          The 1995 account of the SNL skit was captured by New York Magazine which sat in on a rehearsal in which he dreamed up the idea of giving a sleeping pill to Stahl, then raping her.

New York Magazine quotesd Franken as saying, “And ‘I give the pills to Lesley Stahl. Then when Lesley’s passed out, I take her to the closet and rape her.’ Or ‘That’s why you never see Lesley until February.'”

Stephanie Schriock, the current Emily’s List president, served as Franken campaign manager for his 2008 run for the Senate.

“Let me say if it was not for Stephanie Schriock I would not be standing before you as a United States Senator,” he told an overflow audience before the group’s 30th Anniversary gala in 2015.

During his address before the activist women’s group, Franken ridiculed radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh and “countless other meatheads” for their poor treatment of women.

He said their “views of certain ‘gender issues’ are somewhat at odds with ours.”
                          http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/16/fr...a-news-anchor/

"Objectifying women and degrading women has been a consistent theme of Al Franken's humor over the years," said Mark Drake, spokesman for the Minnesota Republican Party.
                          http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2...4921109&page=1

#MeToo @SenFranken...

I am betting the odds are still pretty good that he survives, however. After all, he did learn from the best in the business:

eSUMOoh16RSnBV4YYRBf7JDLY9-8jvOTQLXPvU613Hw.jpg
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Comment

lol. ^

Also, I have to say I'm quite disappointed in Al Franken. Yes, I first knew him as a correspondent on Weekly Update w Dennis Miller (that's a trip) on SNL, but I have admired his work in the senate- especially taking the lead on DACA and things like that. Shit.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X