Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where have you lived, and where would you move back to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    You are only one short hour from Chip and Joanna central!
    Ha! I swear my wife is planning a family vacation to go visit Chip and Joanna.

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
      Salt lake - yes
      provo (mtc) - no
      north east brazil (mission) - no
      Ann Arbor MI - Hell Yes
      Boston MA - Hell Yes
      Sterling Heights MI - Yes
      Clinton Twp MI - Yes
      New Orleans LA - Yes Yes a thousand times yes
      Oceanport NJ - If I had to.
      Let me add

St Louis yes
      Apex Nc (suburb of Raleigh) yes.... i love this place
      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
        You lived in Killeen? I'm TDY at Fort Hood for a week. I don't think we're working on Saturday & Sunday, so I'm looking for things to do.
        Ah Ft. Hood - as the saying went when I was in - it's the only place in the Army you can be up to your a** in mud and have dust blowing in your eyes

It was 55 yrs or so ago - everything I would know is way, way out of date, not to mention from the perspective of a 5 yr old boy
        We also lived on Ft. Hood proper('61-63). When the Berlin Crisis happened, my fathers NG unit was activated and sent to Ft. Hood. There was a picture in the Army Times of my Dad ( a 1LT), his uncle (a LTC), several brothers and cousins (all EMs) - total of 10 or 11 people with the same last name - standing around a map table in fatigues. They were all in the battalion. When the unit was deactivated Dad stayed on AD and we moved into quarters on Ft. Hood.

On of my most vivid memories of my stay there is the flat cars loaded with tanks moving to Fla during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Dad says they pulled the 2nd AD out of the field and rail loaded them with out allowing them to clean their vehicles. Any one who has been in the Military knows you just don't do that Any vehicle that rail loaded when I was in had to be absolutely spotless. When we rail loaded vehicles to Ft. Irwin, sometimes they had to be cleaned 3 or 4 times before they would pass inspection. When the 2AD got to Fla the mud had dried and was almost like concrete when they tried to clean them. Our home was right by the tracks ( I was 5 - 6 yrs old)

We then moved to Mineral Wells so my father could attend flight school (Ft. Wolters - long since closed). He washed out and even today says that washing out was the best thing that ever happened to him in the Army - He figures he would have done 3 tours in Viet Nam, if he had gotten his wings. As it was he only had to go once. 80% of his flight school class went to Viet Nam and at the time pilots were averaging about 18 mths between tours. He figures he would have gone in '64, '67-'68 and probably '69 - '70.

add one place
        l also lived three mths in the Bay area in 1966, while my father attended a school at Alemeda(SP)NAS before going to Viet Nam. It was a classified school and he still won't say what it was.
        Last edited by happyone; 06-27-2018, 06:47 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Ypsilanti MI - maybe
          Scottsbluff NE - no though as a kid it was awesome
          Temecula CA - yes
          Provo UT - yes
          Boston MA - No
          SLC UT - Yes
          Manhattan Beach - Yes
          Encino CA - No Hell No
          Valencia CA - Yes
          Barrington IL - Yes
          Westlake Village CA (current) - Yes
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            Scottsbluff NE - no but loved it as a kid
            Temecula CA - Yes
            Provo UT - No
            Boston MA- Yes
            Manhattan Beach CA - Yes
            Encino CA - No
            Valencia CA - Yes
            NW Chicago Burbs (Barrington) IL - maybe still feeling it out
            Changed my opinion and added a few that I forgot
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Omaha - Yes
              Provo - Maybe
              Northeast Argentina - No
              Pleasant Grove - No
              Orem - No
              Harlem, NYC - if I made twice as much money or after my kids are grown

Comment

I might as well join in on this one:

Salt Lake (3 different places) - no
                North Salt Lake - no
                Sandy, UT - no
                Pleasanton, CA - Loved it there, won't go back
                Folsom, CA - Loved it there, would go back
                Meridian, ID - Loving it here, yes

We recently figured out that my wife and I have moved 10 times in the past 44 years. Unless one of us eventually ends up in some sort of senior care center, our most recent move was the last one. Our current house should meet our needs from here on.

The sale of our Pleasanton house finally closed yesterday. I've spent the past two years getting that thing ready to sell and was sick of trying to make everything perfect. I feel like a great burden has been lifted from my shoulders. My bank account looks pretty good now too, finally.

Comment

I've lived in a lot of places, and the only place I hope never to return to is Houston. The restaurant game and economy are strong there, but otherwise, almost no redeeming qualities.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    I've lived in a lot of places, and the only place I hope never to return to is Houston. The restaurant game and economy are strong there, but otherwise, almost no redeeming qualities.
                    I’ve got good news for you. We don’t want you back!!
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      I’ve got good news for you. We don’t want you back!!
                      You are headed to Midland one day. Houston to Midland...perhaps the only place that makes Houston look good.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Better late than never. Keep in mind my Dad was career Air Force. From Birth till now.

Riverside, CA (born) - No
                        Provo - Yes (lived where the BYU press is currently)
                        Orem - Yes (Eastwood Dr.)
                        Edwards AFB. - No
                        La Grande, OR - I could but won't.
                        Yalova, Turkey - YES!
                        Karamursel, Turkey. No.
                        San Antonio, TX - Yes.
                        Omaha, NE - No
                        San Antonio, TX. No
                        Provo, UT - Grandview Hill - Yes
                        Provo, UT - Cedar Hills above Wymount. Yes.
                        Beaverton, OR - Yes
                        Provo, UT - Deseret Towers - No
                        Tulsa, OK - Mission - Yeah... maybe.
                        OKC, OK - Mission - No
                        Sprinfield, MO - Mission - Yes
                        Joplin, MO - Mission - Yes
                        Tahlequah, OK - Mission - Definite Yes - Great place to retire.
                        Provo, UT - Pinewood Apartments - No
                        Beaverton, OR - Yes
                        Provo, UT - River Grove Area BYU 112th ward.
                        Provo, UT - Willowbrook Condo's
                        Portland, OR - Yes
                        Beaverton, OR - Yes
                        Phoenix, AZ - No
                        Beaverton, OR
                        Clackamas, OR (20 years raised kids.)
                        Frog Pond Grange, OR - Yes... best place ever lived.

Will probably pull a full Nelson and sell when we retire and move to Idaho...
                        Last edited by clackamascoug; 06-28-2018, 09:29 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                          Ha! I swear my wife is planning a family vacation to go visit Chip and Joanna.
                          Ha ha. mrs. myboynoah will be there next week with her sisters and our daughters.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                            it’s so tempting. new york salary with houston cost of living? i fantasize about it from my 2 bedroom that’s $3800/month
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                              Ha ha. mrs. myboynoah will be there next week with her sisters and our daughters.
                              I have to admit. Chip would probably be pretty fun to hang out with for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                I have to admit. Chip would probably be pretty fun to hang out with for a while.
                                at least now that he’s fixed that dead tooth in the front of his face
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X