No announcement yet.

General Conference / Easter 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new IHC Hospital and now a temple in Layton, the old timers in Kaysville aren't happy

We've been trying to figure out where it will go - it has to be out west by the lake somewhere.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Looks like Bryant is in need of some ministering brethren and sistren.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        Looks like Bryant is in need of some ministering brethren and sistren.
        That would result in a definite decline.

Comment

• I'm not really digging the "ministering brothers" or "ministering sisters" labels. Otherwise, sounds like a good change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
            Yeah why not just say rape. Or molestation?
            Perhaps the tweener stuff that isn't quite rape or molestation need accounting...such as asking a 19 year old "may I see your breasts?"

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
              A new IHC Hospital and now a temple in Layton, the old timers in Kaysville aren't happy

We've been trying to figure out where it will go - it has to be out west by the lake somewhere.
              I am hoping on the Layton/Kaysville boarder.
              A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                JL, you're a good dude. I wish you well.

Wuap, please stay in touch.

I'm out of here, and on to my next adventure.

I'll check my mailbox once in a while, in case some of you want to stay in contact.

Take care, everyone.
                Hmm did I miss something? Was somebody mean to SIEQ?

I’m sure nobody here would want cougarstadium.com to stand in the way of your next adventure.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  MOTAB always sounds nice.
                  To the extent I may have contributed to the niceness, thanks.
                  “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• They dropped scouting. Who would've ever thought that they would drop scouting? They got rid of home and visiting teaching. Who would have thunk it?

They are rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Comment

• Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                      They dropped scouting. Who would've ever thought that they would drop scouting? They got rid of home and visiting teaching. Who would have thunk it?

They are rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
                      Is this your way of lamenting you won't be "bothered" anymore by home teachers?
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        Is this your way of lamenting you won't be "bothered" anymore by home teachers?
                        What do you think the real reason is that they got rid of this program?

Comment

• No idea. Sorry, I'm no fun.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

They dropped scouting.

I bet the Scoutmaster in my ward is going to be pissed to find this out.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

What do you think the real reason is that they got rid of this program?
                              What program do you think they got rid of? Looking after the welfare of the members? Call it ward teaching, home teaching, or ministering, that program is still there. Scouting? They stopped claiming to use a curriculum that was hardly ever followed anyway. The curriculum that was followed, Boy Scouting and Cub Scouting, continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                                What program do you think they got rid of? Looking after the welfare of the members? Call it ward teaching, home teaching, or ministering, that program is still there. Scouting? They stopped claiming to use a curriculum that was hardly ever followed anyway. The curriculum that was followed, Boy Scouting and Cub Scouting, continues.
                                So you're telling me that they just changed the name of home teaching and visiting teaching to ministering, but the program remains the same? Is that what you're saying?

And you're telling me that the Church did not drop its official sponsorship of scouting?

Even the Church's own propaganda arm is saying that the programs have been retired and replaced with a "concept" rather than a program:

LDS Church retires home and visiting teaching programs, replaced by a 'ministering' concept

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...g-concept.html
                                Last edited by ByronMarchant; 04-01-2018, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X