What is the least biased news source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    Whichever one IPU reads. That one is right down the middle, I swear.
    And if it is not right down the middle, it is at least fair and balanced.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      NPR is not unbiased.
      of course not. but they're the best at covering it up. they also have much more interesting/compelling features than just about anyone else. plus, car talk.
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
        of course not. but they're the best at covering it up. they also have much more interesting/compelling features than just about anyone else. plus, car talk.
        The call of the question was what's the least biased. I've expressed my love- hate relationship with NPR.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
          Car talk is going away.
          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            NPR is not unbiased.

No kidding. People (not you Cam) hear sterile, temperate NPR monotone as representing some kind of objectivity.

I've interacted w/ NPR execs over the past few years and those cats aren't running an unbiased operation. But their bias is usually evident in the things they don't talk about more than in the things they do.
            Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
              Car talk is going away.
              Seriously sad.
              Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                No kidding. People (not you Cam) hear sterile, temperate NPR monotone as representing some kind of objectivity.

I've interacted w/ NPR execs over the past few years and those cats aren't running an unbiased operation. But their bias is usually evident in the things they don't talk about more than in the things they do.
                One time I was driving home from work while listening to NPR and heard the announcer say, "The State Of Things is brought to you by.... Subaru of Chapel Hill." I burst into laughter that lasted me the rest of the day. At least they know their audience!
                Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

http://theweek.com/

The absolute best for knowing what everyone thinks about something.
                  "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I'd say that's true of most of the press. Benghazi, anyone?
                    "Remember to double tap"

Comment

i definitely agree with this. npr has a slant that is probably associated with their listener base (many of whom are obnoxious, self-righteous yuppies). they're not great at a lot of things but i feel like they do manage to avoid the news as entertainment spectacle that is found on fox/msnbc too frequently. one bonus i forgot to mention is market place, which is well done.

i also read nro and the wsj most days for stuff i can't get on npr. maybe the most important thing other than being able to see past bias on one's own is to get info from a diversity of sources. google news is really good for that.
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I watched the brief post-debate coverage on NBC last night and thought it seemed pretty fair and objective. They all said Mitt won the debate.

Really I think the major network coverage is actually pretty unbiased still.

Comment

Working...
                        X