Hollywood, heal thyself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
    My 12 yo niece mentioned casually yesterday that she had been sexually assaulted earlier that day. "WHAT?!!!" Some boy had smacked her on the bum. "Oh..."

I agree with Omaha. I don't think this broadening of the definition is a good thing.

I'm not going to argue about whether or not that qualifies as sexual harassment. But would you have felt different if a girl had grabbed a nephew's crotch?
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      I'm not going to argue about whether or not that qualifies as sexual harassment. But would you have felt different if a girl had grabbed a nephew's crotch?
      Big difference between grabbing a crotch and slapping a butt. That said, kids need to be taught to keep their hands to themselves. And that no one should touch you if you don't want them to.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Think of how great it would be if Dana Carvey were to make a guest appearance this week on SNL.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• I never realized until the last few days that I’ve been being sexually harassed by old ladies for years!! #metoo

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            Do you not find it troubling that sexual harassment and sexual assault are used almost interchangably in the current narrative? Both are unacceptable but this is going to create a lot of unintended problems if the current trend continues unchecked.

Mbn has it right and that's what I teach my kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              Big difference between grabbing a crotch and slapping a butt. That said, kids need to be taught to keep their hands to themselves. And that no one should touch you if you don't want them to.
              There may be a difference, but it isn't that big. Either contact is inappropriate. And if proper behavior isn't taught early enough and it continues into adulthood, both types of contact will fall into the sexual assault realm.

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              Do you not find it troubling that sexual harassment and sexual assault are used almost interchangably in the current narrative? Both are unacceptable but this is going to create a lot of unintended problems if the current trend continues unchecked.

Mbn has it right and that's what I teach my kids.
              I wasn't 100% sure about the difference of assault and harassment myself. I consulted the DOJ and EEOC:

Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape.
              Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.

Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person’s sex. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general.
              If 'fondling' qualifies as assault, then strictly speaking butt slapping is assault. I wouldn't want to characterize a one-time butt slap as sexual assault, but I think it is serious enough to put the fear of God in a kid who does this. I guess I'm more worried about the potential of a kid continuing very inappropriate behavior into adulthood than I am about nebulous unintended consequences.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                Think of how great it would be if Dana Carvey were to make a guest appearance this week on SNL.
                not great at all. remember how snl's response to the election was to have kate mckinnon unironically sing hallelujah in the cod open like someone just killed her whole family? yeah, don't trust them to get this one right.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  not great at all. remember how snl's response to the election was to have kate mckinnon unironically sing hallelujah in the cod open like someone just killed her whole family? yeah, don't trust them to get this one right.
                  Just do a part 2 to this skit:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...g/n10108?snl=1

Al Franken could appear as a Senator again.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Yeah, I may have done that, but I like guys and I was drunk. I don't even remember.

So, we're good, right?

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Yeah, I may have done that, but I like guys and I was drunk. I don't even remember.

So, we're good, right?

Hmm. Didn't know Spacey was gay.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Hmm. Didn't know Spacey was gay.
                        Well, now you do!

And a child molester as well.

Comment

Well, now you do!

And a child molester as well.

Wow... they amazing job casting Kevin Spacey as Gore Vidal in the upcoming movie Gore:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7221090/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Kevin seems prefect for the part.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah, I may have done that, but I like guys and I was drunk. I don't even remember.

So, we're good, right?
                            Spacey's response is a disaster.

Yeah, I am a pedophile. But it's ok because I am gay!
                            (i am sure gays will appreciate this connection)

I don't remember doing it. But I remember I was drunk.
                            (wait, why do you remember you were drunk?)
                            (why in the hell are you drinking around 14-yr-old kids?)
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• 2005 episode of Family Guy. Hmm....

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• How does Seth McFarlane seem to know all this stuff so far in advance?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/11/seth-m...tions-6991307/

Comment

Working...
                                X