Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are hanging on for dear life here.

Comment

FYI I read that except for the final there is no extra time at Copa America. If that is still true an Ecuador equalizer would send the game straight to penalties.

Comment

Semifinals!!!!!

You're going down, Argy!

Comment

YES!

So which of our guys are out of the semifinal?
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            Semifinals!!!!!

You're going down, Argy!
            Maybe Venezuela will be inspired by the plentiful toilet paper in all their hotels and pull off the upset.

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              YES!

So which of our guys are out of the semifinal?
              A lot. Bedoya, Jones, and Wood at least. Huge win today but the lack of discipline that lead to these suspensions is disappointing.

Comment

Man, if the game weren't on a tuesday night, I'd drive down to Houston and get a ticket for the semis...

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  Man, if the game weren't on a tuesday night, I'd drive down to Houston and get a ticket for the semis...
                  Are you even proud to be an American?
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    Are you even proud to be an American?
                    Yeah I think I have to ask the same question. Although I'm firmly ensconced in my glass house as I didn't attend the Paraguay game last week in Philadelphia.

The final is in NJ on a Sunday. I know we will not be favored in the semis, but I casually brought it up to my wife last night expecting her to be firmly against attending. To my surprise, she said "oh we'd totally go if we made the final. That's a big deal." Just when you think you know someone really well.

Comment

I would compare Argentina vs US in soccer as something like Golden State vs the best college team in basketball, but only having them play a two minute game. The talent difference is not even close, but because there are so few scoring opportunities, there's a lot of variance in outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                        I would compare Argentina vs US in soccer as something like Golden State vs the best college team in basketball, but only having them play a two minute game. The talent difference is not even close, but because there are so few scoring opportunities, there's a lot of variance in outcome.
                        That's a pretty good comparison. This would be the 2nd biggest win for US Soccer in the modern era. Only the 2002 WC Round of 16 win over Mexico was bigger.

Comment

This is a win/win. If the U.S. makes the championship- awesome. If they lose, they play for 3rd place in Glendale- possibly against Mexico.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            This is a win/win. If the U.S. makes the championship- awesome. If they lose, they play for 3rd place in Glendale- possibly against Mexico.
                            ¡DOS A CERO! ¡DOS A CERO!
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Is it a very big advantage that ARG/VEN plays Saturday night then quick turnaround to play us on Tuesday?

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
                                Is it a very big advantage that ARG/VEN plays Saturday night then quick turnaround to play us on Tuesday?
                                I think it is, especially if their game is particularly fast and/or physical. It won't level the talent differential but it could help us.

Comment

Working...
                                X