Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About the new board name (cougarstadium.com)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a bunch of bullshit.

Cougarboard 2.0.

Comment

I like beefytee's explanation: Jeff forgot to renew the cougaruteforum.com domain name.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Okay cougarstadium.com is not going to attract anyone new that cougaruteforum didnt attract. LEts be honest, CUF was mostly head about from Cougarboard as a place where there arent dumb mods and self righteous idiots.

Comment

Can you make it so Explosions in the Sky plays when you click on the banner ?
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
            Have you seen your signing class?
            Boom! Roasted!
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                Oh, and if it is up for discussion to rename.. I like "cougarfansandonebuckeye.com
                cougarutenicetry.com?
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                  The dude already has cougarlonghornforum.com reserved, no doubt.
                  Nice. Let's just go with this one now.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                    I predict that Jay Santos will raise his right hand to sustain this one.

I have two concerns:

1) The aforementioned nickname quandry
                    2) The filter at my work has three levels of screening, that are somewhat arbitrary. Level 1 is no screening. cougaruteforum.com and cougarboard are in this level (although, since we use IEv7, CB is basically unusable). Level 3 is complete screening, site blocked. Cougarguard is in this category, or, believe you me, I would still be over there. Then there is level 2, which gives you a message saying, basically: "This looks like a site that we don't like. We recommend you don't go there", and you then need to hit a link to continue on. The new URL gave me this screen when I hit the "New Posts" link. It always makes me nervous to get that screen.
                    Work filters are my concern as well. CUF was golden, not sure if this new one will live or not. They can be a fickle bunch. Right now I have to sign in to view the site, but it's only good for a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      I like beefytee's explanation: Jeff forgot to renew the cougaruteforum.com domain name.
                      I was lazy and should have looked it up.

It doesn't expire until Nov. 12 2014.

I should have remembered that this site started in November as well.

Comment

Not a fan. The Ute members are a huge part of what makes this site good.
                        If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          OK. Try it now.
                          Looks like it works.
                          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

It would have been nice to do a little checking around with people to see what they think before taking an action that is bound to be unpopular with a lot of folks who contribute here, or try to. In the words of Dan Patrick, "They could have done it better."
                            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
                              Not to pile on too much, but I always thought "CUF" was a damn cool acronym. And I've never had any sense of the activity on CUF being affected by any "downward spiral" of the rivalry, at all.
                              You don't like it because you're a Ute at heart.

I like the name change. I always thought it was odd that the board name reflected both schools while the split in fandom and participation on the board isn't nearly close to a 50/50 split.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                The primary reason for the change is that we believe it is in our best long-term interests to go forward with a BYU-themed forum. With the recent changes in conference affiliation and with the decreasing number of scheduled games (especially in football), the BYU-Utah rivalry is on a steady downward spiral. The old domain name implied a sports forum dedicated to two fan bases. Pulling that off in effective manner is difficult to accomplish under the best of circumstances, but it is especially problematic when the rivalry is dying. We believe that we can best achieve a healthy and sustainable dynamic in the long term by having a domain name and theme dedicated to a single school.
                                What I like about this board has nothing to do about byu, utah, or sports. It's all the other stuff.

Are more changes coming? I don't get this at all....
                                I don't care what it's called, but if the purpose of the forum changes, then that's something else.
                                Last edited by Brian; 02-06-2013, 09:28 AM.
                                I intend to live forever.
                                So far, so good.
                                --Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X