Zero-hour church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    A cricket match can last for days. I think this is because cricket fans can't get enough of cricket.

Speaking of which, will the CK be sort of like eternal church? Or will there be some secular activities available? I would strongly dislike heaven if it is mostly a religious experience to be there.
    I hope it's more of a religious experience:

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
      Aside from the rather silly cricket analogy (surely this can't be the evidence of 'smart guy' posting, can it?), your second paragraph is sort of interesting in its typically misguided premise. First, if the church is true and the CK is a thing, I don't think there is much risk you will have to worry about how one spends time there. But I could be wrong about that. Second, whatever it is like, it will all be different than our existence here and we likely won't care about any of the things that we do now. For example, the secular/religious dichotomy will no longer exist. I should put this in the pet peeve thread, I guess, because it is one of mine.
      I’m not worried about the environment in heaven for my own sake.

I’m worried that devout Mormons will ultimately be disappointed by 24/7 church for eternity, especially since most view 2-hour Church as a step in the right direction.

Comment

I’m not worried about the environment in heaven for my own sake.

I’m worried that devout Mormons will ultimately be disappointed by 24/7 church for eternity, especially since most view 2-hour Church as a step in the right direction.
        Not your best display of logic.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Not your best display of logic.
          Since when is logic at a premium in a religion forum?

Comment

Since when is logic at a premium in a religion forum?
            I’d explain why your argument was so exquisitely bad but I am afraid it would hurt your feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
              I’d explain why your argument was so exquisitely bad but I am afraid it would hurt your feelings.
              And feelings count in a religion forum!

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Spent yesterday's church time cleaning out one of the members of my ward's flooded basement.
                The Bishop met me as a came in the door for Sacrament and asked if I could go help
                I never made it back for the block

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
                  Spent yesterday's church time cleaning out one of the members of my ward's flooded basement.
                  The Bishop met me as a came in the door for Sacrament and asked if I could go help
                  I never made it back for the block
                  That’s the Lord’s work right there. There’s nothing fun about flood recovery.

Comment

so true, on both points - I got home and the clothes I was wearing (including the running shoes) went straight into the washer

If this is going to be an ongoing thing, I need to get some galoshes (SP)

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Working...
                    X