The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    At a minimum, the vote will be delayed. Ford came across as credible. No way the on-the-fence republican senators not ask for more investigation or to subpoena Kavanaugh's friend. It's likely that at least 1-2 of them are going to vote 'no' anyways, but will ask for more time as an excuse.

Will be interesting to see Kavanaugh's testimony now.
    He was a little over the top in the Fox interview presenting the image of the pristine choir boy who only cared about sports and school and church. Then when others came forward with differing impressions of him, he backtracked and admitted there was also some drinking and partying. That doesn't come across well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
      For those that watched was there any new information shared by Ford or was it just restating her story in a firm, emotive manner? Did she address the denials from everyone else she'd named as being at the party?
      Nothing new. She came across as very credible. She minimized the other witnesses by saying all but Judge were unaware of the attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        I also think Ford comes off as very credible.
        Other than being very weird about flying in airplanes and the lack of multiple front doors she does seem credible (the multiple front door thing I still don't understand). A very credible person would have said something to someone within 30 years of the incident, IMHO.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          He was a little over the top in the Fox interview presenting the image of the pristine choir boy who only cared about sports and school and church. Then when others came forward with differing impressions of him, he backtracked and admitted there was also some drinking and partying. That doesn't come across well.
          I think that is an unfair characterization. He said in the interview that he had acted poorly in HS but had nit done the things alleged. The networks are only playing the latter statement, not the preliminary comments about his prior behavior.

PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
            Nothing new. She came across as very credible. She minimized the other witnesses by saying all but Judge were unaware of the attack.

So still no info on the date, location or whose house it was? My understanding was that her friend she named as being at the party said she wasn't there and doesn't even know Kavanaugh.

Comment

• Hmm...

https://www.gofundme.com/help-christine-blasey-ford

https://www.gofundme.com/to-cover-dr...security-costs

Oh crap, I just remembered I was raped by BK!
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                So still no info on the date, location or whose house it was? My understanding was that her friend she named as being at the party said she wasn't there and doesn't even know Kavanaugh.
                Correct. The one thing that was new AFAIK was her identification of the friend that introduced her to the Kavanaugh/Judge group. She didn't give the guy's name, but said it was the same person that Whelan had identified as the possible attacker that she had mistaken for Kavanaugh.

Also, she claimed to run into Judge in a local Safeway 6-8 weeks later where he was an employee. She asserted that if only she could have access to his employment information she could probably narrow down the possible date range.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I think that is an unfair characterization. He said in the interview that he had acted poorly in HS but had nit done the things alleged. The networks are only playing the latter statement, not the preliminary comments about his prior behavior.

Count me in as one who thought the Fox interview hurt more than helped Kavanaugh. In general, he didn't interview well. His repeated 'respect and dignity for women' phrase came off as forced. And then offering he was a virgin until sometime later seemed like an unforced error. If he wasn't getting action with all that alcohol exposure, that's just embarrassing.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Count me in as one who thought the Fox interview hurt more than helped Kavanaugh. In general, he didn't interview well. His repeated 'respect and dignity for women' phrase came off as forced. And then offering he was a virgin until sometime later seemed like an unforced error. If he wasn't getting action with all that alcohol exposure, that's just embarrassing.
                    No question he is not a great interview. That is not the characterization I was disputing.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Correct. The one thing that was new AFAIK was her identification of the friend that introduced her to the Kavanaugh/Judge group. She didn't give the guy's name, but said it was the same person that Whelan had identified as the possible attacker that she had mistaken for Kavanaugh.

Also, she claimed to run into Judge in a local Safeway 6-8 weeks later where he was an employee. She asserted that if only she could have access to his employment information she could probably narrow down the possible date range.
                      Apparently Mark Judge mentioned in (one of) his book(s) that he worked at Safeway as a bag boy the summer before his senior year... no employment records needed.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Apparently Mark Judge mentioned in (one of) his book(s) that he worked at Safeway as a bag boy the summer before his senior year... no employment records needed.
                        Geez you must be with the FBI! Cause that's what she needed them to find out.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Kavanaugh is pissed and it is showing in his statement..

Not sure if it will go in his favor publicly. But I understand his anger..

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                            Kavanaugh is pissed and it is showing in his statement..

Not sure if it will go in his favor publicly. But I understand his anger..

Yeah he looks very angry.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Just when I thought Dr. Ford had a witness to back her story...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah he looks very angry.
                                His entire career is in jeopardy. Hard to blame him.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X