2017 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Ohio State out of the CFP. I guess the whole championship games matter line was just talk.

Clemson Alabama
    OU Georgia
    Maybe it's just the Big Ten Championship game. Ohio St. took the 'Bama route last year - didn't even win their division.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
      Maybe it's just the Big Ten Championship game. Ohio St. took the 'Bama route last year - didn't even win their division.
      Hopefully Bama makes the committee look just as silly.

Comment

• PAC and B1G left out

Boomer Sooner!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Who gives a shit that OSU won the Big 10? They got their asses kicked twice.
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            PAC and B1G left out

Boomer Sooner!!

You're an Oklahoma fan? How about the Yankees? They look awesome for next year!

Comment

• yep, when you lose two games by more than two TDs, the fact you won your conference championship shouldn't matter. as a general rule they shouldn't matter. if TCU would have beat Oklahoma, it wouldn't have mattered there either.

The PAC conference championship didn't matter yet nobody is crying over that one.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                The PAC conference championship didn't matter yet nobody is crying over that one.
                Come on. There were hundreds of fans in attendance at that game.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

yep, when you lose two games by more than two TDs, the fact you won your conference championship shouldn't matter. as a general rule they shouldn't matter. if TCU would have beat Oklahoma, it wouldn't have mattered there either.

I agree on the two loss thing. But Alabama is getting a ton of credit just for being Alabama. Honestly, if it were any other team, there would be much more controversy about a non-division winner being selected over two conference champions. They haven't really done much to be deserving of that deference this year and I think Clemson is going to make the committee look silly for the second year in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      I agree on the two loss thing. But Alabama is getting a ton of credit just for being Alabama. Honestly, if it were any other team, there would be much more controversy about a non-division winner being selected over two conference champions. They haven't really done much to be deserving of that deference this year and I think Clemson is going to make the committee look silly for the second year in a row.
                      Except that they had a better record than those conf champs.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

Except that they had a better record than those conf champs.
                        I agreed with you and can see both arguments. I am saying substitute any other one loss team in Alabama's position and it would be more controversial; they might not even get in.

I do feel like the committee has basically said conference championships don't matter and has also given teams like Alabama the go-ahead to schedule zero non-conference road games and play 8 home games a year. I don't like those messages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          And it was on at prime time instead of 10:30pm at night. (Sorry, I forgot that it was on Friday and went to the local high school playoff game instead.)
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I am excited about a traditional PAC12 vs. BIG10 match-up..

Only bad thing is that it is not at the Rose Bowl.. [emoji257]

Comment

• Alabama rewarded for sitting home and resting. LOL:

Comment

• Brighton High Grad and former USC Linebacker Osa Masina was sentenced to 1 year in jail today, for sexual assault. Include this past year that he missed as he went through the legal process and its pretty much like a mission. He can return as a 21 year old sophomore.
                                *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                                X