What do you ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Any ride a Trek? The local bike shop (the one I frequent since the service is awesome) is having a crazy Labor Day sale and the Trek Madone is $500 off what it was last week. I'm very tempted to jump on it since I have been looking in the $3k price range (carbon, ultegra, etc.) but to get this bike for $2,500 seems like a steal. I'd have to go test it out and see if I like the ride but was wondering if anyone here has any experience with Trek.
    I ride a Trek and like it, but it's not close to what you want.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

A Lynsky Helix with carbon fiber rims
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
        A Lynsky Helix with carbon fiber rims
        Yeah, who wants a measly $500 off when you can get a Lynskey for $2357 off the regular price? That's with Dura-ace, but not carbon rims.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
          Yeah, who wants a measly $500 off when you can get a Lynskey for $2357 off the regular price? That's with Dura-ace, but not carbon rims.
          Here is my bike. https://www.lynskeyperformance.com/s...ix-models.html

But this is what I really want.

https://www.lynskeyperformance.com/store/custom.html
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

So I went to the bike store on Saturday and came home with the Trek (I was lucky they even had my size). I was nervous spending a pretty penny on the thing, but I think any worries are gone since I used it in my triathlon this morning. I averaged 20.5 over the 12 mile course, which is very good for me. I'd say it's added 1 to 1.5mph to my speed just having a lighter and smoother bike. My previous tri I did with my old bike I averaged 19.3mph, which was insanely good. Today's ride felt effortless. At one point I had a slight tailwind and I looked at my watch to see the speed over 24mph, which felt really good. The best part was flying past all the tri bikes. At one point I passed a guy that had a P3 with the 808 wheels and he did a double take as I yelled (I was sure to yell it loud) "on your left!!!"

Here's the bike I got:

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

So I went to the bike store on Saturday and came home with the Trek (I was lucky they even had my size). I was nervous spending a pretty penny on the thing, but I think any worries are gone since I used it in my triathlon this morning. I averaged 20.5 over the 12 mile course, which is very good for me. I'd say it's added 1 to 1.5mph to my speed just having a lighter and smoother bike. My previous tri I did with my old bike I averaged 19.3mph, which was insanely good. Today's ride felt effortless. At one point I had a slight tailwind and I looked at my watch to see the speed over 24mph, which felt really good. The best part was flying past all the tri bikes. At one point I passed a guy that had a P3 with the 808 wheels and he did a double take as I yelled (I was sure to yell it loud) "on your left!!!"

Here's the bike I got:

You gotta come out to ride with me again.
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Here's the bike I got:

That's a nice-looking bike.
                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Physical therapy is coming along after surgery on the left IT Band. They told me I could start riding, so I went out and bought a new bike for my commute to work. 2015 Trek Domane 4.3 Disc. Even with the disc brakes, it comes in just under 20 pounds. Came with 105 components.

Domane.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                    Physical therapy is coming along after surgery on the left IT Band. They told me I could start riding, so I went out and bought a new bike for my commute to work. 2015 Trek Domane 4.3 Disc. Even with the disc brakes, it comes in just under 20 pounds. Came with 105 components.
                    Nice! You'll have to let us know how you like the disc brakes on the road bike.

Comment

:clap:

I've enjoyed my Trek. Never had any issues outside of flat tires. Smooth and fast ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Since I'm mainly using it for commuting, I wanted the disc brakes to help with stopping in all weather conditions. I'll let you know how it goes after a while.

:clap:

I've enjoyed my Trek. Never had any issues outside of flat tires. Smooth and fast ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        My last ride was also a Trek, although more of their entry level model. I'm hoping this one's as fast, and it should be quite a bit more comfortable. It felt better on the test ride. I'll go in to get it fit on Monday.

Comment

I ride this:KTM.jpg

Oh wait, wrong thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                            I ride this:[ATTACH]7442[/ATTACH]

Oh wait, wrong thread.
                            Threadwinner!
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I've put 250 miles on it so far. I love the disc brakes. They're significantly more responsive than rim brakes. I put all weather 28's on it for the winter. What a comfortable ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                                I've put 250 miles on it so far. I love the disc brakes. They're significantly more responsive than rim brakes. I put all weather 28's on it for the winter. What a comfortable ride.
                                Do your rides have much elevation change or mostly flat land? I didn't really notice much difference with my disc brakes, but I don't do a lot of downhill (or uphill) riding.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X