No announcement yet.

Coaching Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certainly not a sexy pick to go with Jason Beck as QBC. However, I think we should give him the benifit of the doubt. He may be a great coach!
    ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)

Comment

• I thought Jason had already taken another job? if it is Beck, that's fine with me. He's got good experience for a position coach, and he's intimately familiar with what Anae wants to do.
      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Where's he been since he was a grad assistant at LSU?
        He was the passing game coordinator at Weber State and the OC at Simon Fraser college in Canada last season.

I actually like the hire. I think it is stupid to hear comments about how he wasn't a very good qb. How many hall of famer players become hall of fame coaches?

Beck knows his stuff. He did a great job at Simon Fraser last year, they had the worst offense in the league the year before he joined the staff. Last year they actually had a very prolific offense scoring 34 points per game.

He also mentored former Weber St qb Cameron Higgins for three seasons. Higgins broke every Weber state passing record under Becks tutelage.

I like the hire and I think he will be good for BYU.
        *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
          You can see why it took so long. Those negotiations must have been intense.
          It took so long because BYU allegedly kept trying to entice Detmer.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            He was the passing game coordinator at Weber State and the OC at Simon Fraser college in Canada last season.

I actually like the hire. I think it is stupid to hear comments about how he wasn't a very good qb. How many hall of famer players become hall of fame coaches?

Beck knows his stuff. He did a great job at Simon Fraser last year, they had the worst offense in the league the year before he joined the staff. Last year they actually had a very prolific offense scoring 34 points per game.

He also mentored former Weber St qb Cameron Higgins for three seasons. Higgins broke every Weber state passing record under Becks tutelage.

I like the hire and I think he will be good for BYU.
            That's a pretty decent resume to be advanced to a position coach. It might be scary to have him take over as OC, but he has a lot more experience than Doman did to be the QB coach.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

It's a short list. Ditka and Spurrier are the two best I can think of. The push on CB for Detmer is misguided.

Comment

That's a pretty decent resume to be advanced to a position coach. It might be scary to have him take over as OC, but he has a lot more experience than Doman did to be the QB coach.
                Agreed.

Comment

• Here's the new WR coach for BYU:

http://www.utepathletics.com/sports/...day_guy00.html

Decent resume with OC and recruiting coordinator experience.

Comment

No worries there. Anae will remain OC after taking the head coaching position Jan 2014.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      Here's the new WR coach for BYU:

Solid resume. UTEP has a good passing attack and it looks like he was also the recruiting coordinator over there. The Texas ties are also nice and 4 years in the SEC looks good.

He has also been an OC on two separate occassions.
                      Last edited by cougjunkie; 02-15-2013, 11:44 AM.
                      *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                        Here's the new WR coach for BYU:

It's no secret I'm a (barely) functional illiterate; when I clicked on the link, I thought the URL was "ute pathetics" and wondered if Indy had linked to some CBers blog.

Yeah, I know, I'm an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          It's no secret I'm a (barely) functional illiterate; when I clicked on the link, I thought the URL was "ute pathetics" and wondered if Indy had linked to some CBers blog.

Ha.. I did the exact same thing.

Comment

I hope that junkie and I can finally agree that Doman wasn't qualified for the QB coach position.

Jason Beck looks like he has a solid resume.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Solid resume. UTEP has a good passing attack and it looks like he was also the recruiting coordinator over there. The Texas ties are also nice and 4 years in the SEC looks good.

He has also been an OC on two separate occassions.
                              Plus his facial hair is honor code compliant.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                Ha.. I did the exact same thing.
                                +1.
                                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Working...
                                X