The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
    At this point I would definitely put my money on Trump being re-elected. The impeachment is sucking any life out of the Dem race and not allowing anyone to establish themselves as a leader. That's not likely to change in the next few months. If the Republicans were smart, they would have a long drawn out Senate trial.

The only way I see Trump not winning is if the economy tanks which it could easily do over the next 10 months, but definitely isn't guaranteed.
    Yeah. I could see the economy tanking. It seems like it is due for a correction. That would make for a more interesting election.

I don’t think either party in the senate wants a long trial. Chuck wants to call only four witnesses and McConnell seems like he would rather have a vote of no conference on the house to call out the House Dems as a bunch of dumbasses. It is already very clear that the House Dems are dumbasses so that vote would just be a waste of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• According to my calculations, the economy should start tanking around March 2021 based on the inverted yield curves.

Comment

• The election will be decided by people like me. Independent centrists who voted for Hillary. People like me are the bellwether. Okay, not literally, because I live in Washington state. But I am a microcosm for Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, and Florida. I don't like Trump. I hate his trade and immigration policies, much of his foreign policy including with respect to NATO, and his ethics. But some of those democratic candidates like Sanders and Warren are intolerable.

This is where I am after voting for Hillary. I don't think the democrats have done anything to move the needle against Trump's reelection since he took office.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
          According to my calculations, the economy should start tanking around March 2021 based on the inverted yield curves.
          The yield curves aren’t inverted
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• If the Dems keep impeaching Drumpf he is going to have an YUGE war chest:

Trump campaign raises $5 million on day of impeachment

President Trump’s re-election campaign raked in $5 million in donations Wednesday — the day the House of Representatives voted to impeach him, his campaign manager said.

“Incredible fundraising numbers!” manager Brad Parscale tweeted.

“[Trump] has raised over [$5 million] (still growing) today as Americans use their wallet to show support against Pelosi’s impeachment hoax!” he added.
            [...]
            https://nypost.com/2019/12/19/trump-...f-impeachment/
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Who won the wine cave pissing match? I think Pete did, and I'm hoping this will lead to the end of Warren, like Gabbard'a debate evisceration of Harris about her shameful record as prosecutor led to her demise. Pete's response played into Warren's reputation for fraudulence and hypocrisy. She's a terrible person.

But obviously I'm super biased in evaluating this.

A related question. Are most Democrats really stupid enough to hold it against Pete that he raised money from billionaires in a wine cave with crystals?
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Biden takes the gloves off...

It is full malarkey from here on out!
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Y'all need to forget about old white dude Biden...

Stop saying Biden is the 'most electable'. Trump will run rings round him

Did we learn nothing from 2016? Trump is savagely effective at destroying establishment politicians – and Biden would lose

Supporters of Joe Biden are unlikely to be persuaded by most of the common criticisms. They know he can be rambling and unintelligible. They know his record is unimpressive and that he doesn’t really have “policy proposals”. None of this matters, though, because to them he has the most important quality of all: he can beat Donald Trump. Nothing you can say about the former vice-president’s record, platform or mental state matters next to the argument that he is the best hope Democrats have of getting Trump out of office.

There’s just one problem: it’s a myth. It is a myth just as it was a myth that Hillary Clinton was a good candidate against Trump. Biden is not, in fact, the pragmatic choice. He would not beat Trump. He would lose. And we must say this over and over again. Forget his flubs. Forget his finger-nibbling. Biden would be crushed by Trump. If you want Trump out of office, don’t support Biden.
                  [...]
                  https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-2020-election

Feeling the Bern wouldn't be any better. I would go with the Hawaiian surfer chick if I were you.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Liz Warren apparently has taken a side job as "Ann Lauders"...

Doesn't she mean like 20 cats instead of a dog?
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      Liz Warren apparently has taken a side job as "Ann Lauders"...

Doesn't she mean like 20 cats instead of a dog?
                      Hey Liz Warren, we already have mothers.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                        Hey Liz Warren, we already have mothers.
                        Lol. Great advice, too. Dump the guy who already dumped you.

Comment

• I think a Biden/Warren ticket would be effective. But that’s me talking- I’d vote for a bag of Wonder Bread if it was the leading challenger vs Trump...
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            Lol. Great advice, too. Dump the guy who already dumped you.
                            Ugh. She is such a dork.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              I think a Biden/Warren ticket would be effective. But that’s me talking- I’d vote for a bag of Wonder Bread if it was the leading challenger vs Trump...
                              I would too. Because a bad of wonder bread would run away with the dem nomination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                                I would too. Because a bad of wonder bread would run away with the dem nomination.

Super white, seemingly innocuous, but actually pretty harmful. Sounds like someone the dems would love.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X