Utah Football: 2013 The Crusade for Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    3-4th round. Size and pedigree go a long ways.
    Dave Krugar has the size and pedigree. Will he get drafted too?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
      3-4th round. Size and pedigree go a long ways.
      Really? I defer to you as I don't follow the NFL draft outside of Ute alums, but I would have guessed later rounds (6-7). He is a big dude, but I didn't think he had NFL quicks. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
        Not as athletic. 7th or udfa, most likely the latter.
        Last edited by Jarid in Cedar; 01-02-2013, 06:33 PM.
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I don't think Jarid was talking about those factors in isolation. But I guess that is the (somewhat indirect) point of your post.
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

I already like this kid Andre Lewis.
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

the schedule:

8/29 Utah St
              9/7 Weber St
              9/14 Oregon St
              9/21 @BYU
              10/3 UCLA
              10/12 Stanford
              10/19 @ Arizona
              10/26 @USC
              11/9 ASU
              11/16 @ Oregon
              11/23 @ WSU
              11/30 Colorado
              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                the schedule:

8/29 Utah St
                9/7 Weber St
                9/14 Oregon St
                9/21 @BYU
                10/3 UCLA
                10/12 Stanford
                10/19 @ Arizona
                10/26 @USC
                11/9 ASU
                11/16 @ Oregon
                11/23 @ WSU
                11/30 Colorado
                I look at that list and see 6-5, provided we beat Oregon State and BYU, and those two are not gimmes.
                ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                  I look at that list and see 6-5, provided we beat Oregon State and BYU, and those two are not gimmes.
                  So which game do you predict won't get played?

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch View Post
                    He is going to pretend the Oregon game doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch View Post
                      Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                      He is going to pretend the Oregon game doesn't happen.
                      Very funny. I was hasty making hen-scratches in my win-loss list. I hereby revise my prediction to 6-6. Again, that's assuming some wins in games that are toss-ups (BYU, OSU).

That's my "realistically achievable" prediction. My inner Pollyanna thinks maybe we'll get lucky or play better than expected and do better than 6-6. My inner horror movie producer sees us blowing some winnable games again and ending up 4-8.
                      Last edited by LA Ute; 01-10-2013, 01:16 PM.
                      ― W.H. Auden

Comment

We don't leave the state until mid-October. One more indication we're a big-time program!
                        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Floor is 4 wins (Utah State, WSU, WSU, and Colorado). Ceiling is 7 wins (BYU, OSU, +1). A strong start is a must. It's a good thing for the Utes that Utah State lost its coach.

A 4 or 5 win season would put the program into a tailspin as it would mean that Wilson is working out. There isn't a lot of hope behind him from what I can tell.

Comment

A 4 or 5 win season would put the program into a tailspin as it would mean that Wilson is working out. There isn't a lot of hope behind him from what I can tell.
                            Actually, there are two strong freshman QBs coming in. I think KW learned the need for depth there. They are only freshmen, however.
                            ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                              Actually, there are two strong freshman QBs coming in. I think KW learned the need for depth there. They are only freshmen, however.
                              Don't discount Adam Schultz. That kid has a rocket for an arm. I don't know why he doesn't get more playing time, but the few times I have seen him play he has looked great.
                              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Is there a Ute recruiting thread? I couldn't find one so I'll ask this here.

Who are the big, realistic targets left in this year's class? I know about the Euliss Trinity Trio and Lotulelei, but who else is out there? Also, I'm of the uninformed opinion that Lotulelei is not coming, otherwise he would have pledged already. Any reason to think otherwise?

Comment

Working...
                                X