2017 NFL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
    Utah is in the Denver market, so you are force fed those games.

In SoCal we are force fed Charger and Rams games. Bleh. It's the only reason I still have DirecTV. NFL Sunday Ticket makes me its bitch.
    I've heard ratings are down in LA more than the national average because LA used to get the best games every week. Now they've gone from zero to two teams so both networks have to show their games. Looking at the 506 sports map, the Denver stink bleeds into Montana and South Dakota which is ridiculous, those markets also have to endure that shitty Denver game this week.

This post by fivethirtyeight from a couple years back is funny. If the NFL has an agreement with its franchises and gives them certain out of the area markets and that agreement is then forced on the networks, then why are the Arizona games never broadcast in Utah, New Mexico and Nevada? Why is that franchise royally screwed while viewers in Utah this year are forced to watch a terrible Denver team? Those stats are compiled from 2009-2014. The Cards made the Super Bowl during the 2008 season and made the playoffs 2-3 times during between 2009-2014.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-every-sunday/

While I think Peyton Manning probably had an effect on these numbers, the evidence from this year (we're 15 out of 15 so far) indicates that they simply think that people can't get enough of a shitty Denver team. Maybe the league and the networks have it nailed down in most of the country regarding what games to show, but I think they severely overestimate the number of Denver fans outside of Colorado in the intermountain west and into the Dakotas and Nebraska. The fact that more Denver games were shown in the Boise market as opposed to Seahawks games is insane to me.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      I've heard ratings are down in LA more than the national average because LA used to get the best games every week. Now they've gone from zero to two teams so both networks have to show their games. Looking at the 506 sports map, the Denver stink bleeds into Montana and South Dakota which is ridiculous, those markets also have to endure that shitty Denver game this week.

This post by fivethirtyeight from a couple years back is funny. If the NFL has an agreement with its franchises and gives them certain out of the area markets and that agreement is then forced on the networks, then why are the Arizona games never broadcast in Utah, New Mexico and Nevada? Why is that franchise royally screwed while viewers in Utah this year are forced to watch a terrible Denver team? Those stats are compiled from 2009-2014. The Cards made the Super Bowl during the 2008 season and made the playoffs 2-3 times during between 2009-2014.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-every-sunday/

While I think Peyton Manning probably had an effect on these numbers, the evidence from this year (we're 15 out of 15 so far) indicates that they simply think that people can't get enough of a shitty Denver team. Maybe the league and the networks have it nailed down in most of the country regarding what games to show, but I think they severely overestimate the number of Denver fans outside of Colorado in the intermountain west and into the Dakotas and Nebraska. The fact that more Denver games were shown in the Boise market as opposed to Seahawks games is insane to me.
      I wonder how those Las Vegas Raiders will stake things up. Maybe kill off the cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I too am So tired of watching the donKeys make a beautiful game lOok so difficuLt.
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

ESAD Seahawks and your stupid bandwagon fan base.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Also big thanks to Jimmy Garrapolo for singlehandedly improving Denver’s draft position while simultaneously creating ridiculous expectations for the 49ers next year.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

And Ginger Dalton leads a drive to knock the Ravens out. What a glorious afternoon of NFL football.

#triplepost

Comment

Del Rio fired. Bring on Chucky part II.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  And Ginger Dalton leads a drive to knock the Ravens out. What a glorious afternoon of NFL football.

#triplepost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

#triplepost
                    Cost Weddle 1 Million.

And GFY about the Seahawks. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      ESAD Seahawks and your stupid bandwagon fan base.
                      +1

Denver is in prime position to talk themselves into Baker Mayfield.

The Rams wanted to lose that game quite badly yesterday. Philly looks like one of the worst teams in the NFL without Wentz. But New Orleans wasn't going to let the Rams just walk into that #4 seed. Seeing that Atlanta went up 19-10 midway through the 4th against Carolina, New Orleans proceeded to give up 11 points in the last four minutes of the game, including a TD with 9 seconds left.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        Also big thanks to Jimmy Garrapolo for singlehandedly improving Denver’s draft position while simultaneously creating ridiculous expectations for the 49ers next year.
                        If the 49ers hadn't beaten the Texans, the Broncos would have had the #4 pick. The 49ers would had to go 4-12 to get a higher draft slot themselves. The net benefit to the Broncos was zero at best.

I would have preferred the 49ers lose the last game against the Rams. They dropped 3-4 spots alone by beating up on the Rams scrubs in a game the Rams were trying to lose.

The chances of landing Chubb, Barkley or trading down to the dumb team that wants Mayfield went down quite a bit. The 49ers have the worst interior o-line in the league, no pass rush, only one CB under contract next year and mediocre skill players outside of Jimmy G. They needed to win a few games to finish the year to make the team attractive in free agency, but that was already accomplished prior to the game yesterday. They should have said Garoppolo had a stomach bug and kept him out of the game.

Comment

• Packers are cleaning house. GM Ted Thomson will be replaced, moving to a "Special Assistant" role, along with DC Dom Capers and several defensive coaches

According to press reports the Thomson decision was "mutual".

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• I'm kinda cheering for the Vikings to get to the SB. It would be cool to have the hosting stadium have their home team. Who gets to be home team? That would be kind of funny if they had to use the visitor locker room.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

• Green Bay continues to clean house - the Offensive Coordinator and the QB couch have been relieved of their duties/are leaving. The OC might stay around in some capacity. He has been with GB for over 20 yrs in some capacity or another. The QB couch is leaving for other opertunties.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/05/jo...l-announcement

10 years for $100 million, not bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X