• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://deadspin.com/lets-watch-a-ter...-th-1793200963

Cycling with wind is terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
      I thought a Rexburg wind was bad. It was kinda funny to see the one guy being blown down the road, cycling cleats on asphalt are like skates on ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        That was bad. I feel guilty but I laughed pretty hard.

I do feel badly for the tandem captains because no matter what happened the stokers will blame them, especially if the stoker is a spouse.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
          That was bad. I feel guilty but I laughed pretty hard.
          Yeah, this one really gets me.

Comment

• New cycling movie coming out. Looks pretty entertaining.

When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Comment

• I spent last week in Sunriver right near Bend, Oregon, site of the second annual CUF/CS organized bike ride.

It brought back some great memories, as we drove along a good chunk of our route throughout the week. The long climb up to bachelor. The fast descent down to the cascade lakes region. The roadside rest stop with hidden ice chests arranged by HFNW and carried out by his people. The spot where I bonked and came to a screeching stop on the last climb back up to bachelor. The rocking descent back into bend with the whole group pacelining at 30-40 mph for much of the last 23 miles. Such a great ride!

I took my 16 year old son up to mount bachelor on the third to check out the downhill mountain biking course. Hey still have a ton of snow up top, and the resort actually opened one lift for skiing and boarding for three days this week. This also meant half of the downhill course was closed due to the snow.

But we decided to do it anyway, renting bikes and all of the gear for the day. I've done a fair amount of cross country mtn biking, but very little downhilling like this, aside from the awesome tyrolian descent with mtnbiker and bigpiney ay CUF Tahoe ride #1. Had a complete blast. My son took a couple of spills, but nothing more than scrapes and bruises.

It was also my first time riding a full suspension bike. I loved it for descending, as it was very smooth and flowed well over the jumps and obstacles. I didn't care for it for climbing and riding cross country. Felt like too much energy was lost during each peddle stroke through the rear suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm about 5 foot 9 and a half and I'm riding a 54 and the bike I looked at was a 52 but it was a bad fit.
                hi

Comment

• Originally posted by bestellen View Post
                  I'm about 5 foot 9 and a half and I'm riding a 54 and the bike I looked at was a 52 but it was a bad fit.
                  bestellen, you are a woman of many talents.

Comment

• Froome won the Vuelta today. He also won the green jersey as top sprinter. That is a Merckx-esque feat. Pretty impressive. Plus, COntador rode off into the spanish sunset to great applause form the locals. No more el pistelero. He is done.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Froome won the Vuelta today. He also won the green jersey as top sprinter. That is a Merckx-esque feat. Pretty impressive. Plus, COntador rode off into the spanish sunset to great applause form the locals. No more el pistelero. He is done.
                      Well, a point about Froome getting the top sprinter jersey is that they awarded the same number of sprint points at the finish of every stage. So the first across the line on a mountain stage got sprinter points. That's pretty dumb. Matteo Trentin won four stages with a true sprint finish, and was obviously the best sprinter in the field. In an interview, Trentin even said the sprint scoring didn't make any sense, and I agree with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                        Well, a point about Froome getting the top sprinter jersey is that they awarded the same number of sprint points at the finish of every stage. So the first across the line on a mountain stage got sprinter points. That's pretty dumb. Matteo Trentin won four stages with a true sprint finish, and was obviously the best sprinter in the field. In an interview, Trentin even said the sprint scoring didn't make any sense, and I agree with him.
                        Yes, youre right. But it still is an impressive accomplishment.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Contadors attack and ultimate stage victory on stage 20 was very fun to watch. It was on Saturday so I got to watch it live and it was fun to see Froome try to reel him in in the last couple kms only to have Contador hold on for victory. A very fitting win on a famous mountain in Spain for el pistelero.

Also, Froome finally wins the Vuelta, which he failed to do 5-6 times prior. Granted, the field was pretty thin this time around but there's no doubt Froome is the best all around cyclist right now. He's got the best team by far, but his time trialing is superb and he climbs with the best of them. He does seem to crash more than anyone else though and I wish someone would take advantage of that more. I understand waiting for someone that has a mechanical or waiting for them if the crash isn't their fault, but part of racing is handling the bike and if you crash on your own there should be no gentleman's rule on waiting for you.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Yes, youre right. But it still is an impressive accomplishment.
                            I agree with that, since Froome did make great efforts to stay near the front in the sprint stages. Still, the overall title plus sprint title in the Vuelta is not as impressive as doubling up in the TdF because of the scoring structure.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                              I agree with that, since Froome did make great efforts to stay near the front in the sprint stages. Still, the overall title plus sprint title in the Vuelta is not as impressive as doubling up in the TdF because of the scoring structure.
                              Thats true. But the fact tat he did the double Tdf and Vuelta as well as came out on top in Vuelta points (finishing in 11th? or somewhere near there on the last day to keep the lead, for example) is overall an impressive finish ot the season.

It was weird watching Contador take another lap around Madrid holding the flag and soaking in the fans' adulation. He is one of those guys who I didnt like much when he was younger but who I have come to like as he matured. I will miss watching him bob around on his pedals in the high mountains every July.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• I am quite impressed by the Tour/Vuelta double, but less so by the sprinters jersey in Spain. That is an amazing feat to be able to recover from a tough tour and be ready for another grand tour, if not physically, then definitely mentally and emotionally.

And I agree with creekster's thoughts on Contador. I really couldn't stand him when he was younger, especially for his attack on Andy Schleck during an obvious mechanical in the mountains. But he has grown on me over the last several years.

Comment

Working...
                                X