No announcement yet.

You be trippin'?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm flying out to watch the MSU game, because I'm dumb and bought non-refundable airline tickets. The locals seem super excited for revenge from last years field-rushing thriller. One ticket site is offering lower level seats for $25 and upper level for $6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      I'm flying out to watch the MSU game, because I'm dumb and bought non-refundable airline tickets. The locals seem super excited for revenge from last years field-rushing thriller. One ticket site is offering lower level seats for $25 and upper level for $6.
      It's the 11:00 kickoff. This is Mississippi not Utah. Most will still be hung over at 11:00. I suspect there will still be 49 to 52K at the game. All with cowbells. Bring ear plugs. I will be there with cowbell.

Comment

• Originally posted by LDS DAWG View Post
        It's the 11:00 kickoff. This is Mississippi not Utah. Most will still be hung over at 11:00. I suspect there will still be 49 to 52K at the game. All with cowbells. Bring ear plugs. I will be there with cowbell.
        When I was stationed at Fort Polk, LA my best friend in the LDS Ward was the oldest son of this guy:http://www.olemisssports.com/genrel/...ls_698345.html

Warren was a JAG and had been Law School classmates of one of my older brothers and our wives got along. We went up to his folks' house in Oxford for some SEC football games a couple of times. They do not have fond or tender feelings for Starksville, neither does Luke Staley. I felt similar towards Oxford as my fellow member of the Long Gray Line and the bestest ever US General - Brother Tecumseh Shermann. Beautiful place but the high falootin' wannabees in their ties on gamedays with the ladies in their cocktail dresses is a bit too Atticus Finchin over the top. Something tells me I would be more at home with you white trash, notice that I believe white trash is not an indicator of socioeconomic status, folk and your cowbells.

One of the younger sons of David Wells went on his LDS mission a bit later in life and ended up being APs with Chris Hale, the homerun still waiting to happen, and there were rumors that Bishop Wells would feel the call to leave Dixie and become the BYU's AD back when Holmoe took the job.

So like Hotty Toddy, my friend!
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
          When I was stationed at Fort Polk, LA my best friend in the LDS Ward was the oldest son of this guy:http://www.olemisssports.com/genrel/...ls_698345.html

Warren was a JAG and had been Law School classmates of one of my older brothers and our wives got along. We went up to his folks' house in Oxford for some SEC football games a couple of times. They do not have fond or tender feelings for Starksville, neither does Luke Staley. I felt similar towards Oxford as my fellow member of the Long Gray Line and the bestest ever US General - Brother Tecumseh Shermann. Beautiful place but the high falootin' wannabees in their ties on gamedays with the ladies in their cocktail dresses is a bit too Atticus Finchin over the top. Something tells me I would be more at home with you white trash, notice that I believe white trash is not an indicator of socioeconomic status, folk and your cowbells.

One of the younger sons of David Wells went on his LDS mission a bit later in life and ended up being APs with Chris Hale, the homerun still waiting to happen, and there were rumors that Bishop Wells would feel the call to leave Dixie and become the BYU's AD back when Holmoe took the job.

So like Hotty Toddy, my friend!
          There are a lot of small towns in Mississippi that is just as pretty as Oxfart. You would feel more at home in Starkville. By the way check this out. You would have never guess this would be located at Miss State Mississippi.

http://www.usgrantlibrary.org/

Hail State!
          Last edited by LDS DAWG; 10-09-2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• The only thing I want from my trip to Cowbell hell is eat the best damned BBQ Memphis (where I'm flying into) has to offer. Anyone have dining suggestions for the weekend?

Comment

The only thing I want from my trip to Cowbell hell is eat the best damned BBQ Memphis (where I'm flying into) has to offer. Anyone have dining suggestions for the weekend?
              My aunt, who has lived in Memphis for years, really likes Corky's.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

The only thing I want from my trip to Cowbell hell is eat the best damned BBQ Memphis (where I'm flying into) has to offer. Anyone have dining suggestions for the weekend?
                I enjoyed BB King's Blues Club. Good food, live band on stage.

Comment

Go here. https://hogsfly.com/ Been there many times. Dry or wet best barbecue you can find.

You also have to hit Beale Street. That is a must.

http://www.bealestreet.com/
                  Last edited by LDS DAWG; 10-10-2017, 07:45 PM.

Comment

You're still going?
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Go to the Peabody Motel at 5:30 and watch the duck walk and then head over to The Rendezvous. It's right downtown, my clients took me here when I was back there for a food show, it's very good. This past spring my wife and I went to Corky's and I enjoyed the Rendezvous more.
                      Last edited by RC Vikings; 10-11-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        You're still going?
                        Non-Refundable airline tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                          Non-Refundable airline tickets.
                          This. I wasn't praying for the hurricane to do damage to Mississippi, but I would have been fine with a severe weather (and travel) warning. Though, going on roadies are generally fun. I always take at least 1 of my boys with me. This may be the last one with my 17YO for awhile, depending on his mission plans. We will definitely be eating at Rendezvous on Friday. Saturday is still up in the air.

Comment

There are a lot of small towns in Mississippi that is just as pretty as Oxfart. You would feel more at home in Starkville. By the way check this out. You would have never guess this would be located at Miss State Mississippi.

http://www.usgrantlibrary.org/

Hail State!
                            LD,

Do you or anyone know why tickets on the visitors side are less expensive than the home side? I would assume it has to do with either the type of seats, or sun vs shade.

Comment

LD,

Do you or anyone know why tickets on the visitors side are less expensive than the home side? I would assume it has to do with either the type of seats, or sun vs shade.
                              Visitor seating is on the east side lower deck south end zone. SEC games there are three visiting sections. The one I just mention, one upper deck west south end zone and one upper deck west side north end zone. The sun probably will not be a factor for you. They are good seats. The stadium curves so you will be able to see the other end of the field. Even if you can't see the other end of the field there are two giant Jumbo Trons behind both end zones and they are really big. I catch my self watching the game on the trons sometimes. You will probably get shade most of the game from the upper deck and the south jumbo tron. The stadium will not be full so you probably will be able to move after the game starts if you want. The 11:00 kick off hurts attendance but it will still be very loud. It is cow bell hell. It is the most intense sound you will ever hear.

As far as the ticket price I assume it the distant your fans travel, not SEC game and kick off time. Those same seats on the opposite side are over 100.00 for SEC games.

It might be hot so a idea for you, the East Side upper deck where you buy your drinks and food is enclosed and air condition. You can ride the elevator up sit at a table and watch game on TV in the cool.
                              Last edited by LDS DAWG; 10-11-2017, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Visitor seating is on the east side lower deck south end zone. SEC games there are three visiting sections. The one I just mention, one upper deck west south end zone and one upper deck west side north end zone. The sun probably will not be a factor for you. They are good seats. The stadium curves so you will be able to see the other end of the field. Even if you can't see the other end of the field there are two giant Jumbo Trons behind both end zones and they are really big. I catch my self watching the game on the trons sometimes. You will probably get shade most of the game from the upper deck and the south jumbo tron. The stadium will not be full so you probably will be able to move after the game starts if you want. The 11:00 kick off hurts attendance but it will still be very loud. It is cow bell hell. It is the most intense sound you will ever hear.

As far as the ticket price I assume it the distant your fans travel, not SEC game and kick off time. Those same seats on the opposite side are over 100.00 for SEC games.

It might be hot so a idea for you, the East Side upper deck where you buy your drinks and food is enclosed and air condition. You can ride the elevator up sit at a table and watch game on TV in the cool.
                                Thanks. I'm not going to sit in the BYU section, don't like the corner view. Picking up 5 seats from a scalper or online, and sitting amongst the southern gentiles. I was mainly curious why the seats on lower level under press boxes were $60-$75 vs $35 on the opposite side. Other than when I've been given free tix from a player this is by far the cheapest prices I've paid for a road game. I will use the extra $ to invest in some earplugs.

Comment

Working...
                                X