Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Yes, that’s disturbing. It’s no more disturbing under Trump than it was under Obama.
    Under the “zero tolerance” approach rolled out last month by Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, anyone who crosses into the United States illegally will face criminal prosecution. In most cases, that means parents who arrive with children stay in federal jails while their children are sent to HHS shelters.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      Yes, that's a bad policy and something newly enforced under Trump. The problem I have is with news articles claiming that Trump lost 1,500 kids adn then posting pictures of kids in jail from Obama's time as president. Neither the claim nor the pictures are factual to the accusations against Trump but despite it's lack of authenticity, it seemed to take over social media before anyone debunked it...throwing more and more kindling on the fake news fire.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Yes, that's a bad policy and something newly enforced under Trump. The problem I have is with news articles claiming that Trump lost 1,500 kids adn then posting pictures of kids in jail from Obama's time as president. Neither the claim nor the pictures are factual to the accusations against Trump but despite it's lack of authenticity, it seemed to take over social media before anyone debunked it...throwing more and more kindling on the fake news fire.
        So you would like a current picture of kids in cages, which is happening with much, much, greater frequency under this newly rolled-out policy before you'll believe it? By the way it's not just families crossing illegally that are separated- it's asylum applicants, too.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
          So you would like a current picture of kids in cages, which is happening with much, much, greater frequency under this newly rolled-out policy before you'll believe it? By the way it's not just families crossing illegally that are separated- it's asylum applicants, too.
          I would use a photo relevant to the accusations against the Trump administrations.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I would use a photo relevant to the accusations against the Trump administrations.

Comment

Yes, that's a bad policy and something newly enforced under Trump.
              This.

#resistance criticizes Trump for enforcing policies/laws already on the books.

Maybe change the laws? adjust the policies?

The embassy move to Jerusalem... same thing. Israel policy at large (see above)... same thing.
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                This.

The embassy move to Jerusalem... same thing. Israel policy at large (see above)... same thing.
                I’m curious what people think we should do in these cases. Should the border not be enforced or maybe they want the kids to be detained in jail with the parents? What’s the alternative? Open border? Seems like a not so good alternative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                  This.

The law allowed for Presidents to delay the embassy move until a more suitable time. It wasn't simply an implementation issue. The President's hands were not tied.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

I’m curious what people think we should do in these cases. Should the border not be enforced or maybe they want the kids to be detained in jail with the parents? What’s the alternative? Open border? Seems like a not so good alternative.
                    First - I agree with you Moliere. Using pre-Trump photos and jumping up and down while pointing fingers at him regarding policies that pre-date him DOES fuel the fire of those who tend to be on the fence but have friends and neighbors telling them that Trump is being treated unfairly by the media. The more it happens, the more his current support will be cemented in his favor - and they'll be joined by some who are currently uncommitted.

Second - immigration and what to do with the kids of immigrants is a mess. And I'm not sure ANYONE has the answer. Up until recently, if parents were deported kids would be placed into the state foster care system. And in the instance of kids who were citizens but had parents who were not - it was not uncommon for parents to be deported while the kids remained in the US foster care system.

The US is not in the business of deporting US citizens, and most of the time the parents would prefer their kids stay in the "Land of Opportunity" anyway, so even if there was no abuse or neglect in the situation they stayed. The US foster care system isn't intended to be a long-term solution, so after about a year, quite frequently the state would move to a termination of parental rights and then adoption for the kids.

Just within the last 8-10 years there's been some agreements with Mexico that allows the US to identify appropriate relatives in Mexico and transfer the the kids to those relatives.

With this current situation - of families being picked up crossing the border - I'm honestly not sure what the right answer is. Kids shouldn't be locked up in jail, and they're better off with their parents, but if you're looking at closing the border and picking up and returning undocumented border crossers - how do you keep the family together long enough to send them home together too? And if you do jail the parents and shelter the kids, how do you make sure to keep their cases connected so that when the parents are sent back the kids are sent back with them?

It's a horrible situation. I'm not sure what the solution is.

Comment

Open the border. Felons are deported for life. Fingerprint and DNA everyone who comes in. Anyone sneaking across will be a criminal, so a wall, minefield, whatever is ok, but not necessary. America is the greatest country in the world because people come here seeking opportunity. If we stop imigration, we hinder progress. Sure, some will come to leech off the system. That's the price you pay for taking care of people who are down on their luck. People should accept that. In the long run, we're better off striving to make this a country where even an orphaned son of a prostitute can rise to make his mark, so that everyone with a dream wants to live here.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
                      sigpic
                      "Outlined against a blue, gray
                      October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                      Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                        Open the border. Felons are deported for life. Fingerprint and DNA everyone who comes in. Anyone sneaking across will be a criminal, so a wall, minefield, whatever is ok, but not necessary. America is the greatest country in the world because people come here seeking opportunity. If we stop imigration, we hinder progress. Sure, some will come to leech off the system. That's the price you pay for taking care of people who are down on their luck. People should accept that. In the long run, we're better off striving to make this a country where even an orphaned son of a prostitute can rise to make his mark, so that everyone with a dream wants to live here.

You're a great American who gets what this country is about. I could not agree more. People won't have a reason to sneak across if they have a viable legal option. Having to pay thousands of dollars to lawyers and wait for decades to enter legally is not viable.

Comment

One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                          SU

Comment

In the long run, we're better off striving to make this a country where even an orphaned son of a prostitute can rise to make his mark, so that everyone with a dream wants to live here.
                            I am not giving away my shot!
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• So Trump comments today on the Roseanne Barr firing to complain about why ABC doesn't apologize for saying horrible things about him? Wow. I don't know how you can just read Trump's tweets and not conclude he is pathologically narcissistic.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/30/medi...ger/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                                So Trump comments today on the Roseanne Barr firing to complain about why ABC doesn't apologize for saying horrible things about him? Wow. I don't know how you can just read Trump's tweets and not conclude he is pathologically narcissistic.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/30/medi...ger/index.html
                                Poor Trump. Hopefully, he gets his apology soon.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X