Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 deaths thread

Delores O'Riordan

I really liked the Cranberries as a kid and listened to their first two albums extensively. This is still one of my favorite songs:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LM4Cb6wZUA[/YOUTUBE]
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

I remember being ticked off at David Spade after a "Spade in America" skit where he criticized her for going from "Linger" to "Zombie," like the change in style was unwelcome.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Love me some Cranberries. I'm still jealous of whomever that was that saw them in Dublin.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Love me some Cranberries. I'm still jealous of whomever that was that saw them in Dublin.
        The taxi driver in Zarcero, Costa Rica who we had take us everywhere for a couple of months had an MP3 playlist, and every single time we got in his taxi, "Zombie" would play, and he would sing along, having no friggin' clue what he was singing. Ronald Chaves Villalobos.
        Last edited by wuapinmon; 01-16-2018, 08:39 AM.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          I remember being ticked off at David Spade after a "Spade in America" skit where he criticized her for going from "Linger" to "Zombie," like the change in style was unwelcome.
          Spade can ESAD if he criticized them. There are a couple bands that define my teenage years. The Cranberries are one of them as they became big when I was in high school. No Need to Argue is a fabulous album from start to finish and even my kids will sing along to Zombie when I play it on my guitar.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            Spade can ESAD if he criticized them. There are a couple bands that define my teenage years. The Cranberries are one of them as they became big when I was in high school. No Need to Argue is a fabulous album from start to finish and even my kids will sing along to Zombie when I play it on my guitar.
            My trainer in the mission was a big Cranberries fan. He would periodically knock doors to the rythym of Zombie.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

My senior seminar paper was inspired by a line in Zombie.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

SF writer Ursula Le Guin

Anther SF writer from my youth

She was 88

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ed/1059967001/

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
                  SF writer Ursula Le Guin

Anther SF writer from my youth

She was 88

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ed/1059967001/
                  I was a recent convert to her work. I really liked the Earthsea series. I still have a couple of her books I want to read.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Warren Miller, aged 93. I didn't realize he was that old.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                      Fresh tracks for eternity! I guess HF needed a skiing buddy.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        Fresh tracks for eternity! I guess HF needed a skiing buddy.
                        That's what happens when RMN is now occupied with other commitments.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                          That's what happens when RMN is now occupied with other commitments.

Ah, that explains the timing.
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            Wow. Neither did I. I guess this means I can take "Warren Miller's Age" out of the set of things I don't know, even though "Who the hell Warren Miller is" remains.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              Wow. Neither did I. I guess this means I can take "Warren Miller's Age" out of the set of things I don't know, even though "Who the hell Warren Miller is" remains.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                              X