I taught in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Overton and Logandale. It's actually very pretty out there. Feels like a lot of small Utah communities. :Mad:
    Maybe a bit of an over sell here. But good effort.

Did your stake boundaries get all messed up last week?! We just got stuck into a brand new stake and it seems don’t have a place to meet yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
      Maybe a bit of an over sell here. But good effort.
      Maybe, but its certainly no uglier than any number of small, rural Utah communities that were settled by the early saints at BY's direction.

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
      Did your stake boundaries get all messed up last week?! We just got stuck into a brand new stake and it seems don’t have a place to meet yet.
      Not last week, but several weeks ago every ward boundary line in the entire stake was realigned and we were spat out in the 1:30 time slot. But only for a few more weeks. Our stake boundaries were rejiggered last year when they made two stakes into three. Luckily we lost Pahrump, which is full of oddballs and married cousins. Our ward and/or stake boundaries have been changed in five consecutive years.

Going to church in Summerlin is a pain, as Summerlin has pretty much said they don't want any more LDS chapels (I think there is like one?). Never mind that half of Summerlin is LDS. When we lived in the Mesa off Russell and Hualapai, we had to travel to Rainbow and Twain, two stakes over. The church is much more accepted down on the south side of the valley. We are building a new stake center between Mountain's Edge and Southern Highlands. We also have two chapels near my house, each about a 3 minute drive.
      Last edited by falafel; 12-11-2017, 06:29 PM.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Maybe, but its certainly no uglier than any number of small, rural Utah communities that were settled by the early saints at BY's direction.

Not last week, but several weeks ago every ward boundary line in the entire stake was realigned and we were spat out in the 1:30 time slot. But only for a few more weeks. Our stake boundaries were rejiggered last year when they made two stakes into three. Luckily we lost Pahrump, which is full of oddballs and married cousins. Our ward and/or stake boundaries have been changed in five consecutive years.

Going to church in Summerlin is a pain, as Summerlin has pretty much said they don't want any more LDS chapels (I think there is like one?). Never mind that half of Summerlin is LDS. When we lived in the Mesa off Russell and Hualapai, we had to travel to Rainbow and Twain, two stakes over. The church is much more accepted down on the south side of the valley. We are building a new stake center between Mountain's Edge and Southern Highlands. We also have two chapels near my house, each about a 3 minute drive.
        Sounds about right. When we lived in Peccole Ranch, our meeting house was a few miles south. It's been long enough now that I don't remember the cross-streets.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          Sounds about right. When we lived in Peccole Ranch, our meeting house was a few miles south. It's been long enough now that I don't remember the cross-streets.

We would have been in the same ward! When did you live there?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

We would have been in the same ward! When did you live there?
            We were in the apartments on the south side of Charleston near Fort Apache/Rampart for a year or so starting around August 2002.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I heard a fun little rumor at the ward Christmas party last Friday. Howard Hughes had offered the church land on the corner of Far Hills and Fox Hill for a new building but the church said, “We good.” So now they’re building high end townhomes and we likely have to drive all the way to Hillpoint to go to church. Double f!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                I heard a fun little rumor at the ward Christmas party last Friday. Howard Hughes had offered the church land on the corner of Far Hills and Fox Hill for a new building but the church said, “We good.” So now they’re building high end townhomes and we likely have to drive all the way to Hillpoint to go to church. Double f!
                Howard Hughes LDS rumors are the best.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Summerlin is a large area, but there is the Hillpointe chapel.

https://www.lds.org/maps/meetinghous...26,-115.285993

Is that the building you were thinking of? There are several others I know about.

There are six in just one little area:

https://www.lds.org/maps/meetinghous...17,-115.278786
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                    Summerlin is a large area, but there is the Hillpointe chapel.

https://www.lds.org/maps/meetinghous...26,-115.285993

Is that the building you were thinking of? There are several others I know about.

There are six in just one little area:

https://www.lds.org/maps/meetinghous...17,-115.278786
                    Yeah, but if you know the technical boundaries of Summerlin, you would know that only two of those chapels are actually in Summerlin. And they are not allowing any more.

I wasn't aware of the Hillpointe chapel.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• You Vegas guys talking about chapel density are cute.

meetinghouses.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                        You Vegas guys talking about chapel density are cute.

[ATTACH]8392[/ATTACH]
                        That's what we are aiming for. Eventually.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah, but if you know the technical boundaries of Summerlin, you would know that only two of those chapels are actually in Summerlin. And they are not allowing any more.

I wasn't aware of the Hillpointe chapel.
                          Around the corner from me. The bishop is/was a patent lawyer. And no, I don't know the technical boundaries of Summerlin, so I am surprised it only contains two chapels. When you see "Downtown Summerlin" being advertised as "Summerlin", it gets confusing. I suppose the Hillpointe chapel is Sun City technically
                          Last edited by Topper; 12-12-2017, 10:26 AM.
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                            Around the corner from me. The bishop is/was a patent lawyer. And no, I don't know the technical boundaries of Summerlin, so I am surprised it only contains two chapels. When you see "Downtown Summerlin" being advertised as "Summerlin", it gets confusing. I suppose the Hillpointe chapel is Sun City technically
                            Sun City is part of Summerlin. In fact, its called Sun City Summerlin.

My understanding is that the Hillpointe chapel and the Alta/Town Center chapel are the only two that are actually within Summerlin. The rest that are close are just outside the boundaries. When I lived in south Summerlin, where there are no chapels, my bishop told me that they were trying to buy land within Summerlin for a new chapel but Summerlin refused. They wanted more diversity among the churches, which I suppose is nice, but when 25% or more of your community is LDS, you might want to think about allowing them another building or two.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I have a blind spot in my writing...I will often write "when" as "we" if the next word is "he" or "she." I won't usually catch it proofreading either.
                              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                                I have a blind spot in my writing...I will often write "when" as "we" if the next word is "he" or "she." I won't usually catch it proofreading either.
                                I'm guessing this is very disturbing to your primary class.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X