Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
    I thought he would replace Grimes as OC next year working under Andy Reid (who will replace Sitake next year should 2018 be similar to 2017).
    BYU doesn't hire somebody who has already worked in the position, don't you know?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• (bump)

Swish!
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        (bump)

Swish!
        It’s one game, where Arizona has basically no film to work from with Grimes as an OC. The good is we put up 21 points in a quarter against a P5 team on the road... something that we haven’t done since we did it to Michigan state in 2016 during Detmer’s first year.

The bigger surprise for me was the defense. Holding Tate to right around 200 total yards is incredible.

With that - I’m definitely encouraged. JSut not ready to go all SU-wish yet.

Comment

It’s one game, where Arizona has basically no film to work from with Grimes as an OC. The good is we put up 21 points in a quarter against a P5 team on the road... something that we haven’t done since we did it to Michigan state in 2016 during Detmer’s first year.

The bigger surprise for me was the defense. Holding Tate to right around 200 total yards is incredible.

With that - I’m definitely encouraged. JSut not ready to go all SU-wish yet.
          Aided in part by Arizona choosing to have him throw (incomplete passes) downfield instead of putting pressure on the defense with his legs.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Aided in part by Arizona choosing to have him throw (incomplete passes) downfield instead of putting pressure on the defense with his legs.
            Sure. But when he did use his legs, he wasn’t particularly effective either. 8 rushes for 14 yards? I’ll take that every time against a player the announcers made sound like Michael Vick meets Vince Young meets Tim Tebow.

Comment

Sure. But when he did use his legs, he wasn’t particularly effective either. 8 rushes for 14 yards? I’ll take that every time against a player the announcers made sound like Michael Vick meets Vince Young meets Tim Tebow.
              I was pleased with how the defense handled him as well as with the Zona coaching staff's decisions on how to utilize him.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Gilmore practically fellated Tate on TV. Got old real fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  although my butt def puckered every time they threw at wilcox
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    (bump)

Swish!
                    OK, I'll finally give you the swish. I wasn't sure after Cal, but I think Grimes is the man. Breaks my heart that Ty couldn't get it done here. And you have to live with yourself for starting this thread, naming it as you did.

That said, if Grimes is as good as I think he is, how long can we keep him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                      OK, I'll finally give you the swish. I wasn't sure after Cal, but I think Grimes is the man. Breaks my heart that Ty couldn't get it done here. And you have to live with yourself for starting this thread, naming it as you did.

3 years.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

they scored 28 on an Arizona team that can't defend anybody.

Followed that with 3 points when the game was still in doubt vs Cal

then 24 points vs Wisconsin - we'll give him that one. very impressive.

overall they, are 104th in scoring offense (that is giving them all 18 vs Cal) and we're worried about losing the OC. after one good game.

sports fans are funny.
                        Last edited by smokymountainrain; 09-20-2018, 11:22 AM.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

then 24 points vs Wisconsin.

overall they, are 104th in scoring offense (that is giving them all 18 vs Cal) and we're worried about losing the OC.
                          I guess some people see only numbers.

Comment

I guess some people see only numbers.
                            especially the kind that determine wins and losses.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

then 24 points vs Wisconsin - we'll give him that one. very impressive.

overall they, are 104th in scoring offense (that is giving them all 18 vs Cal) and we're worried about losing the OC. after one good game.

sports fans are funny.
                              This is BYU. We don't pay anybody and we'll always be a stepping stone for everybody but hardcore lifers (probably why we brought in Ty, Reno, etc). Of course we're losing our OC if he puts up any semblance of a competent offense.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

overall they, are 104th in scoring offense (that is giving them all 18 vs Cal)
                                You give us those seven points and we're 98th!

Comment

Working...
                                X