2017 BYU Cougar Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• targeting is ruining football.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Damn! We are good!

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        targeting is ruining football.
        No it’s not and that wasn’t targeting. Targeting is ruining the Utes season because they are dirty and aren’t taught proper tackling technique like the gator roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          No it’s not and that wasn’t targeting. Targeting is ruining the Utes season because they are dirty and aren’t taught proper tackling technique like the gator roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          yes, it is. the presumption against the tackler is outrageous. that's the first one i can remember being overturned.
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Turned on the TV and seeing Corner Canyon destroying Highland.

A kid from Corner Canyon with a broken arm in a cast goes out there and casually nails a 47-yard FG with a straight high kick — kick looks like Adam Vinatieri hit it.

What the hell is wrong with BYU that we have a kicker that is completely unable to kick from beyond 40 yards?

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              Turned on the TV and seeing Corner Canyon destroying Highland.

A kid from Corner Canyon with a broken arm in a cast goes out there and casually nails a 47-yard FG with a straight high kick — kick looks like Adam Vinatieri hit it.

What the hell is wrong with BYU that we have a kicker that is completely unable to kick from beyond 40 yards?
              And off a muffed snap

CC defense is really good. We’ve only moved past the 50 once
              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                And off a muffed snap

CC defense is really good. We’ve only moved past the 50 once
                My question is why is the Corner Canyon QB signing with Boise St. He looks to me to be another Falk. He should be going to an in-state school.
                Last edited by tooblue; 11-03-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                  My question is why is the Corner Canyon QB signing with Boise St. He looks to me to be another Falk. He should be going to an in-state school.
                  Not sure. Maybe they offered first and he has stuck with them. He’s been the starter since his freshman year I think.
                  "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• So, that probably win against UMass ain't looking so good anymore...

Comment

• I good piece by Doug Robinson exploring the demise of BYU Football.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                        I think Harsin would do a better job developing a QB than any staff in Utah right now.

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        I good piece by Doug Robinson exploring the demise of BYU Football.
                        https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-programs.html

I thought he did a really good job at looking at the current problems and how they got here. Interesting that Fehlberg was talking with the Pac 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                          I good piece by Doug Robinson exploring the demise of BYU Football.
                          Loved the part about BYU drowning in national praise following the suspension of Brandon Davies. At least we know what part of the article was Dick Harmon's "contribution."

Comment

• http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commen...tball-program/

Did LA Ute write this?

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              Let me know if there is anything in here other than click bait.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                                No cheesy references to Princess Bride or lame attempts at self-deprecation. Definitely not LAU.

Comment

Working...
                                X