No announcement yet.

Cutting the cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m wondering why YouTube tv isn’t available somewhere in the US. Seems odd. It’s not like YouTube or google has to come out and run a cord to your house. Why wouldn’t it be available?
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
      You said Gb per second.

Edit: it's possible I'm turning into '71. I miss him.
      Last edited by Bo Diddley; 09-12-2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        I’m wondering why YouTube tv isn’t available somewhere in the US. Seems odd. It’s not like YouTube or google has to come out and run a cord to your house. Why wouldn’t it be available?
        deals to be cut with local broadcast.
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          I’m wondering why YouTube tv isn’t available somewhere in the US. Seems odd. It’s not like YouTube or google has to come out and run a cord to your house. Why wouldn’t it be available?
          They don't like to launch without locals.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

Yes, but when I said Mb per second, I think that's the same thing, isn't it?
            so think about a garden hose, now think about a fire hose
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
              deals to be cut with local broadcast.
              Originally posted by falafel View Post
              They don't like to launch without locals.
              Gotcha.

Psvue originally launched in Houston without cbs. I don’t watch cbs so I didn’t care. The super bowl was on cbs that year so I just got the cbs app and got a free one week trial then cancelled. About a month later cbs was added to the lineup.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                so think about a garden hose, now think about a fire hose

I blame Comcast for their stupid Dream Gig commercials. Yes, they're only taking about 1 Gbps, but it got my mind making the jump too soon.

Comment

• My sister finally took my 84 yo mother to the Apple Store and got her an Apple 8. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with her last night trying to teach her how to text. My mom has always been a positive and upbeat kinda gal... but her age really showed through. It was a little disconcerting.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                    My sister finally took my 84 yo mother to the Apple Store and got her an Apple 8. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with her last night trying to teach her how to text. My mom has always been a positive and upbeat kinda gal... but her age really showed through. It was a little disconcerting.
                    yeah that’s kind of how we feel about the whole grey text thing
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Finally cut the cord this week and am trying to decide what I need beyond Netflix and Amazon. I think I'm going to start with Hulu Live and hope that's sufficient. Youtube tv not available in my area yet. PSvue is tempting but I'm afraid this early I'll be tempted to choose the higher priced options. I need to rehab a bit first.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                        Finally cut the cord this week and am trying to decide what I need beyond Netflix and Amazon. I think I'm going to start with Hulu Live and hope that's sufficient. Youtube tv not available in my area yet. PSvue is tempting but I'm afraid this early I'll be tempted to choose the higher priced options. I need to rehab a bit first.
                        I really like Youtube tv, sorry you live in the middle of nowhere.

I still wonder if I am paying too much for it, but I love getting all the byu games, so I am in.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                          I really like Youtube tv, sorry you live in the middle of nowhere.

I still wonder if I am paying too much for it, but I love getting all the byu games, so I am in.
                          How much are you paying? I'm only paying $35/mo. It can't be more than $40/mo., can it?
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            How much are you paying? I'm only paying $35/mo. It can't be more than $40/mo., can it?
                            I am grandfathered in at the $35.

I just don't watch it that much. But I sure am taking advantage of the unlimited DVR

I usually record about 4-5 football games on saturday and then watch them that evening. They only take about 10-15 minutes to watch.

During the week, I am lucking if we have time for a 30 minute show, though we are almost done with the most recent season of Schitt's Creek.

Comment

Finally cut the cord this week and am trying to decide what I need beyond Netflix and Amazon. I think I'm going to start with Hulu Live and hope that's sufficient. Youtube tv not available in my area yet. PSvue is tempting but I'm afraid this early I'll be tempted to choose the higher priced options. I need to rehab a bit first.
                              What?!?! How am I going to watch the game tomorrow? We cut ours two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still not available in my area
                                What the hell? My city is pushing 100K residents!

We tried PSVue for a couple of months, back to back with Sling. I liked the guide menu better, but Mrs. NWC learned Sling's eccentricities and didn't want to switch. So it's gone. As far as content, I really couldn't see much difference for us.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X