No announcement yet.

The "what are you listening to at this very moment" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the new U2 album? Better than their last one. At least as good as anything post 2000. Two great songs at least: The Little Things That Give you Away and Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      Thoughts on the new U2 album? Better than their last one. At least as good as anything post 2000. Two great songs at least: The Little Things That Give you Away and Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way.
      I don't mind U2 at all. I did hear their new single and thought it was good. However, I'm constantly deluged with new music and rarely get a chance to give anything a chance.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• New album by Billy Corgan that Rick Rubin produced. It's the BC solo album I've wanted for about 15 years. Better late than never.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• This acoustic version of ‘Take on Me’ is...pretty good, actually

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

New album by Billy Corgan that Rick Rubin produced. It's the BC solo album I've wanted for about 15 years. Better late than never.
            Rick Rubin is a genius. I will have to check this out.

Comment

• I came across a song that I really liked from the Netflix show called “The Ranch”.

It took forever to find the song but once I found it, I was even more touched by the first few words of the song:

“At First it’s gonna Sting. A different kind of pain”.

I thought it would be about breaking up, but the video showed me it was about much more.

Childhood Cancer. It has shined a light on something I think many of us do not understand until we are impacted by it.

May this video be as powerful to you as it was to me..

Be sure to Read the Info in the YouTube video. It gives more backstory about the song..

https://youtu.be/wX4W7HUqcd8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                It took forever to find the song
                There's an app for that.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Listen to your Junk Man....

Last edited by clackamascoug; 12-29-2017, 02:50 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    This acoustic version of ‘Take on Me’ is...pretty good, actually

Automatically loses a star for not having the cute waitress in it.

I think I would have liked this video better if it ignored the band and just showed the middle-aged ladies singing along with it, waving their heads back and forth, wiping tears from their eyes, etc.

Actually, I am pretty impressed with them. As a child of the 80s, I have probably heard this song 300 times, and if you asked me to sing it along with them I would still be mumbling through half of the words. For example, I had no idea that the chorus after "I'll be gone" ended with "In a day or two". I always thought he was just kind of making high pitched noises there. So props to them for knowing all the words.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/BMWVUE5K-ZY

My nephew is the kid in Nathan Ratliffe's new video.

Comment

• What am I listening to at this very moment?

After Bathing at Baxters by Jefferson Airplane. One of my favorite albums of all time. Also one of the few that I've owned in vinyl, cassette and CD. Of course, now I just listen to it from my computer as MP3 files - much more convenient.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                          https://youtu.be/BMWVUE5K-ZY

Your nephew's "mom" is kinda hot.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Your nephew's "mom" is kinda hot.
                            Yeah, not really buying that dude as the husband/boyfriend of either of those women. Looks more like the dad.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                              https://youtu.be/BMWVUE5K-ZY

Who cut that kids hair?!
                              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                                Who cut that kids hair?!
                                I think the kid did it himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X