Most Annoying Ex-Mormons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    newnamenoah has solidified himself as the most annoying ex-Mormon. It isn't even a contest anymore between him and John Dehlin.
    Yeah, that guy is psycho. Yeesh.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      He is psycho for sure. I didn't like him when he was just posting recordings of the temple ceremony. You add stunts like what he did posing as a member in Arizona and this latest one, and he has revealed himself to be a horrible human.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Comment

The Ex-Mormon Who Weaponized Facebook to Wage War on the Church

Well, as long as it's good for YOUR psyche, "John Jones." Coward.

“I had to be creative about getting the information to them,” said the project’s creator, whom we’re calling John Jones. He is a small business owner in Southern California who spoke to The Daily Beast on condition of anonymity, because he fears reprisal from his former church. “You’re taught not to listen to apostates. You don’t listen to anything anti-Mormon, the same way you wouldn’t give in to any other temptation.”

. . . . . .

Nobody wanted the hear his real reasons for giving up his religion. “Nobody would listen to me,” Jones said. “They thought I had to be doing something else bad to leave the church.” (The Church of Latter-day Saints declined comment for this story).

After a lifetime in the close knit community, the abrupt social isolation was painful. Jones searched for a way out of it. Then in August 2017, he had a revelation of his own. A way to explain himself to his friends and relatives that they wouldn’t reject out of hand, and would never trace back to him.

. . . . . .

Of the 30 people targeted in that first ad, only three clicked. But it was enough to convince Jones his plan could work. “I could see how many unique people were seeing my ads, and I could see the clicks,” he said. “It gave me the satisfaction of knowing that some were going to sites that showed them what I knew and they didn’t. That was good for my psyche.”
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

Heh... awesome:

The most important decision, though, was where to send people who clicked on the ad. Facebook displays the link below each sponsored post, and as an ex-Mormon, Jones knew his audience wouldn’t click on something that might lead to a site critical of LDS.

The church itself provided the solution.

After a mass crisis of faith in the church’s Stockholm chapter in 2010, LDS leaders realized they were at risk of losing parishioners now that the hidden parts of Mormon history were easily obtained from “questionable and often inaccurate sources” on the internet. In response, church scholars penned a series of carefully worded essays addressing controversial topics from the church’s point of view. The so-called “Gospel Topics Essays” were posted to the LDS website in 2013, deep in a maze of clicks from the homepage where nobody who isn’t actively searching is likely to find it.

Jones pointed his ads right at the spot.
            Daily Beast used the best temple for its photo illustration too!
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

This part made me laugh:

He added, after a pause, “It’s kind of crazy to me that she’s more willing to listen to a Facebook ad than listen to her husband.”
              Yeah, crazy that she’s not willing to confide in the husband who secretly manipulates her.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                This part made me laugh:

Yeah, crazy that she’s not willing to confide in the husband who secretly manipulates her.
                Yeah, when the ex-Mormon reddit gives you the boot—twice—for being over the top, it’s time to rethink your life.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

Fears reprisal from his former church? He doesn’t live in Utah where he could potentially suffer from that kind of thing. The LDS church isn’t the church of Scientology. I haven’t been to church in years and have many ex Mormon friends and I don’t think I’ve been declared a “supressive person.”

That John Jones guy has an inflated sense of self.

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                    Yeah, when the ex-Mormon reddit gives you the boot—twice—for being over the top, it’s time to rethink your life.

No kidding, those folks are pretty damn militant.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Kate_Kelly_Esq?r...Fid%3D21562772

She's gay. She was probably running out of material.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post

24 months from now he'll be married to a woman.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post

Her progression has been funny to observe (I don't say follow because I only observe it when someone brings it to my attention--usually through this board). A quick read through her twitter feed reveals that she was 100% a wolf in sheep's clothing back when she was supposedly just a believer who wanted to help change the church from within. The vitriol she now spews towards the very idea of organized religion is laughably myopic.

Also, remember when SU expressed how much he was attracted to her? lol
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

"Nice people scare me."

Lol.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Based on the picture, I think her husband saw it coming. Poor dude.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Also, announce it to the world, but then fret about how to announce it to your family (who already knows, since you just announced it to the world).

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X