Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    That, and fix your messed up countries (I know they are American-born, 1 naturalized) and then you can come back and talk about fixing America.

Look, I know what Trump said was horrific, but he wasn't exactly calling for these women to leave the US. He was essentially questioning their qualifications for criticizing American systems and government. He just did it in a really, really horrible and racist way.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...srael-n1029831

"These are people who in my opinion hate our country," Trump said at a "Made in America" event outside the White House.

"All I'm saying is, if they’re not happy here, they can leave. There will be many people who will be happy," Trump said.

How do you interpret those words given the context and other things Trump has said in the past, other than he wants to paint those who disagree with his words as hating this country and therefore they should leave?
    Last edited by BlueK; 07-17-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...srael-n1029831

"These are people who in my opinion hate our country," Trump said at a "Made in America" event outside the White House.

"All I'm saying is, if they’re not happy here, they can leave. There will be many people who will be happy," Trump said.

How do you interpret those words given the context and other things Trump has said in the past, other than he wants to paint those who disagree with his words as hating this country and therefore they should leave?
      First, both sides paint their adversaries as people who "hate America." That is nothing new or even interesting.

Second, people make dumb comments like this all the time. I do not really think those people are asking others to leave the country. If you do, well... you take things more literally than I do. I think that comments like these are really suggesting that things are pretty good in America, especially when you compare it to some other places in the world. No one would really leave American in favor of Somalia, or even Puerto Rico, because they thought things were "better" there.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        First, both sides paint their adversaries as people who "hate America." That is nothing new or even interesting.

Second, people make dumb comments like this all the time. I do not really think those people are asking others to leave the country. If you do, well... you take things more literally than I do. I think that comments like these are really suggesting that things are pretty good in America, especially when you compare it to some other places in the world. No one would really leave American in favor of Somalia, or even Puerto Rico, because they thought things were "better" there.
        The point is these are Americans, and where their ancestors came from should be irrelevant when discussing differences of opinion on policy. Agreed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          UT, defending Trump in any way, shape, or form on this is shameless. What he said was horrible, and "If you don't like America, Leave" is a juvenile and wholly unpresidential thing to say.
          Sure it is a horrible thing to say... so is saying "some people did something" about the 911 terrorists is as well and then refusing to denounce Al Qaeda when asked, etc.

The Squad tweets that Pelosi is a racist and no one bats an eye but Trumpf throws a tweet mentioning that if you don't like America maybe you should leave and everyone on the left loses their minds. He has enough re-election soundbites to last him a lifetime. Brilliant.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            Maybe speak for yourself...
            OK so Ted's saying the tweets weren't racist.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
              Is that what Trump said?
              He said:

We don’t need any more brown faces that don’t want to be a brown voice. We don’t need black faces that don’t want to be a black voice. We don’t need Muslims that don’t want to be a Muslim voice. We don’t need queers that don’t want to be a queer voice.
              Can you believe that? I didn't even know brown/black/mulism/queer faces had a difference voice. Oh wait... that was someone else.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Sure it is a horrible thing to say... so is saying "some people did something" about the 911 terrorists is as well and then refusing to denounce Al Qaeda when asked, etc.

The Squad tweets that Pelosi is a racist and no one bats an eye but Trumpf throws a tweet mentioning that if you don't like America maybe you should leave and everyone on the left loses their minds. He has enough re-election soundbites to last him a lifetime. Brilliant.
                Your whatabout game is still strong, I see.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  OK so Ted's saying the tweets weren't racist.
                  OK, so Commander's saying that nothing the Squad is saying isn't racist or anti-semitic. Got it.

All the Dems candidates should just drop out now... they just handed Drumpf the re-election.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                    are you arguing that what you describe above is only a good strategy when the Republicans do it?
                    Good? Not for the country. Unfortunately it has been much more effective than I thought it would be and it is likely to be effective in the near future.

Comment

OK, so Commander's saying that nothing the Squad is saying isn't racist or anti-semitic. Got it.

All the Dems candidates should just drop out now... they just handed Drumpf the re-election.
                      They might or might not be- doesn't matter to me because I don't worship them, and what they said has no bearing on the text of Trump's racist tweets and doesn't add any context that makes it ok to be a racist shit hat. That WHATABOUT fallacy is really acquitting you well, by the way!
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

They might or might not be- doesn't matter to me because I don't worship them, and what they said has no bearing on the text of Trump's racist tweets and doesn't add any context that makes it ok to be a racist shit hat. That WHATABOUT fallacy is really acquitting you well, by the way!

Hmm... I guess the public likes a racist sh*t hat. (Whatever that is.)
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Hmm... I guess the public likes a racist sh*t hat. (Whatever that is.)
                          Clearly. Was there ever a doubt about that?

Comment

Clearly. Was there ever a doubt about that?
                            Maybe the Dems need to change their approach to taking back the whitehouse. Instead of promising the voters everything, that even someone with the intelligence of a small soap dish knows they can not possibly deliver, they all should become racist sh*t hats like Drumpf. Wait, maybe Pelosi should run!
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Maybe CNN can find some conservative women that think what Drumpf said is racist... this shouldn't be hard, right?:

WTF? Even the immigrant?

Maybe Romney is smart and knows his conservative women... he keeps binders full of them!

#CNNFail Next time they need to screen their randomly selected pool of conservative women better.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• lol is this what brainwashing looks like? Great find.

Comment

Working...
                                X