X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
    Leftover macaroni and cheese from KFC.
    if you set up a gofundme i would probably contribute
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      bro you live very close to much better steaks than ruths chris
      I believe that is true but I do not yet have a perfect knowledge because I have yet to partake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        I believe that is true but I do not yet have a perfect knowledge because I have yet to partake.
        get the ribeye for two at wolfgang's (with bacon and spinach sides). or the sirloin at quality meats.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          get the ribeye for two at wolfgang's (with bacon and spinach sides). or the sirloin at quality meats.
          I actually just remembered I've been to Keens. It was quite good but still not better than that fillet I had at RC. Maybe I have built it up to to mythical proportions in my mind. Did you ever hit Peter Luger?

Comment

I actually just remembered I've been to Keens. It was quite good but still not better than that fillet I had at RC. Maybe I have built it up to to mythical proportions in my mind. Did you ever hit Peter Luger?
            yeah. worth it for the experience but wolfgangs is at least as good (started by former luger head waiter).

Comment

• Eating steak out (JaK's, El Gaucho, The Met, Daniel's) doesn't do it for me like it once did. I ate at Ruth's Chris last month on my CFA's dime. Meh.

Do yourself a favor and get a sous vide machine and some prime cuts at Costco. Sous vide for ~18-24 hrs @ 128°. Finish/sear on a pre-heated cast iron grill pan on the stovetop, 30 seconds each side. Finish with a pad of compound butter or some roasted crab and béarnaise sauce.
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                Eating steak out (JaK's, El Gaucho, The Met, Daniel's) doesn't do it for me like it once did. I ate at Ruth's Chris last month on my CFA's dime. Meh.

Do yourself a favor and get a sous vide machine and some prime cuts at Costco. Sous vide for ~18-24 hrs @ 128°. Finish/sear on a pre-heated cast iron grill pan on the stovetop, 30 seconds each side. Finish with a pad of compound butter or some roasted crab and béarnaise sauce.
                My eyes are opened. I've spent the last 20 minutes doing sous vide machine research. I need one of these asap.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                  My eyes are opened. I've spent the last 20 minutes doing sous vide machine research. I need one of these asap.
                  Drunk Tank has 2 of them...

Comment

• Steak Fajita Burrito at Agave in Afton. Also had a really pico de gallo mixed with cabbage to eat with chips. I'll go back there.
                    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• In case anybody is wondering whether a Reuben pizza is every bit as good as it sounds... The answer is yes. Yes, it is.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                        In case anybody is wondering whether a Reuben pizza is every bit as good as it sounds... The answer is yes. Yes, it is.
                        So pretty average, then?
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• I find the Reuben to be one of the more overrated sandwiches. It was invented in Omaha so I'm supposed to love it but that didn't work on me for Runza, either.

Comment

I find the Reuben to be one of the more overrated sandwiches. It was invented in Omaha so I'm supposed to love it but that didn't work on me for Runza, either.
                            I want to like Reubens, but I hate rye bread.
                            "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              So pretty average, then?
                              Fantastic.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                                I want to like Reubens, but I hate rye bread.
                                I don't like the Russian dressing.
                                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Working...
                                X