Tapatalk issues and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapatalk issues and questions

Tapatalk seems to be universally accepted around here as the best way to read CUF on a touch screen. I agree that its nice, but there are some strange things about it.

For example, why can't I see the emoticons? I'm sick of just seeing stirthepot and highfive spelled out instead of the nice pictures.

Another thing, when I see a quoted reply, it doesn't show who the original poster was. Very annoying.

Am I the it one that has these issues? I can't see anything in the settings to fix them. They seem like pretty big issues for a program that's sole purpose is to view and comment on online forms and message boards.

Sent from my Sprint EVO 4G
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Same here on the quotes and emoticons. I have not seen any options in the menus that can change those things, though.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I dont think you need tapatalk with the iPad touchscreen. At least Ive never used it nor have I needed it. Everything looks like it normally would on my desktop, including emoticons.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I much prefer the mobile style on a browser to tapatalk.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          I dont think you need tapatalk with the iPad touchscreen. At least Ive never used it nor have I needed it. Everything looks like it normally would on my desktop, including emoticons.
          lol. tapatalk isn't intended for ipads, dingaling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Same. I don't like tapatalk. On the BB I like the mobile style and I use New Posts to stay up to date. On my Evo I use plain ol' CUF in Dolphin Browser.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

I only use tapatalk in low bandwidth situations myself because it does a nice job caching. Like when I am in Utah and can't get a lot of 3G. I think it has something to do with all those damn mountains.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

so I got the tapatalk people to fix their website homepage. It said that their product "compliments" the standard forum interface. I told them they should be embarrassed, so they fixed it. How much should I charge them for my consulting services?

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                  so I got the tapatalk people to fix their website homepage. It said that their product "compliments" the standard forum interface. I told them they should be embarrassed, so they fixed it. How much should I charge them for my consulting services?
                  Ask them for free tapatalk for life!
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Ask them for free tapatalk for life!
                    complements of tapatalk?

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      Same. I don't like tapatalk. On the BB I like the mobile style and I use New Posts to stay up to date. On my Evo I use plain ol' CUF in Dolphin Browser.
                      Mobile style was great on BB. IT even showed the emoticons (some of them were even animated), although they were always followed by an old "analog" style smilie...

CUF on any mobile browser is tooooo small. I hate having to zoom in and outall over the place to click on a link and then read the page. That's why tapatalk is nice, but it seems to be lacking support some very common message board things (as I mentioned above).

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                        complements of tapatalk?
                        heh. That might piss them off though. If they got it.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

New iPhone update is very nice indeed.
                          "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

So do I. With a high-powered mobile browser Tapatalk shouldn't be necessary.
                            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

New update offers free iPad version. Happy day.
                              "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

Working...
                              X