Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindfulCoug View Post
    yeah, custom made religion. love it!
    Isn't it great? It's the Me generation at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
      There isn't a religion in the world that wasn't custom made by someone, usually after they became dissatisfied with the one they had.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
        There isn't a religion in the world that wasn't custom made by someone, usually after they became dissatisfied with the one they had.
        The idea of Common Consent in the church actually seems to make the LDS religion one where the people set the doctrine and beliefs. I know most members wouldn't agree, but if they reviewed our history with a skeptical mind they'd find that most of the doctrine and policies are eventually set by the large body of active members.

One example is the belief in evolution. I'd wager that most older people believe that human evolution is false, but I can specifically say that trend is turning. I'd predict that in 40 years we'll look back on the evolution teachings of JFS and BRM in the same way we look at BY's teachings on the creation. And this shift does not come from the top, but it comes from members that refuse to teach things they know are false and at some point SLC realizes this and adjusts.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
          Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
          Although I respect Babs taste in design but I would much rather have Oscar de la renta does the job for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MindfulCoug View Post
            yeah, custom made religion. love it!
            Is there a more custom-made religion than Islam?
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

The Gospel is there to be custom-made, folks. The Church is just a vehicle.

Sooner, I think you like the fuss.

Mindful is back!

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                Almost certainly.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  Please don't attack her religion.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    Please don't attack her religion.
                    Very funny SU. Good one.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                      Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      Almost certainly.
                      Well, its not a secret that I want that title badly, but I should let you guys grasp the opportunity and claim your right to the top of the chart as the world is coming to know Mormonism by M R as the next POTUS.

Comment

• Good to have you back, Mindful. Don't be such a stranger.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Good to have you back, Mindful. Don't be such a stranger.
                          Thanks Dude! I got Seattleute to have my back.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                            What we're talking about here is the failure to observe the normal boundaries most adults have. Mormonism, with good intentions, encourages people to ignore them.

Could have shut down this thread after this post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Good to have you back, Mindful. Don't be such a stranger.
                              D'accord. Seeing you (Mindful) post again put a on my face.

Comment

• Originally posted by MindfulCoug View Post
                                Thanks Dude! I got Seattleute to have my back.
                                Iranian women are not supposed to use words like dude.
                                That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

Working...
                                X