Post your diet and workout plans here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    Down to 195. I have a body fat checker. This thing.

It said 16.5%. Not improving much over the past couple weeks even though my weight is down a few pounds and I'm slightly stronger. I would like to say it's not accurate, but it seems to have been pretty accurate in the past when I was tracking it more often and doing a bodpod at BYU every six months or so.

I haven't beat 190 on bench yet, but I passed pullups + 25 lbs this week.
    Jay santos, are you absolutely sure you can't bench more than 190, even once? Or am i misunderstanding you?

25 pullups is great. Those things kill me. Are you doing pull ups or chin ups?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Jay santos, are you absolutely sure you can't bench more than 190, even once? Or am i misunderstanding you?

25 pullups is great. Those things kill me. Are you doing pull ups or chin ups?
      I can not do 25 pullups. Earlier in the thread I mentioned my program of doing 3 x 5's and increasing weight when I pass. I passed bodyweight + 25 lbs for 3 sets of 5 reps on pullups. I do wide grip pullups for this. On bench I did 190 X 5,4,4 so I am still on 190 for at least another week until I pass it off. My best on this is 205 but in relation to body weight, I have only been able to do bodyweight on bench 3 x 5 a couple times. As far as max bench, I think it's probably around 225.

PS I know this is weak. And if you've ever seen me in person you would be shocked to know I don't bench 300 lbs. I'm convinced it's due to my long arms which make benching more difficult.

Comment

I can not do 25 pullups. Earlier in the thread I mentioned my program of doing 3 x 5's and increasing weight when I pass. I passed bodyweight + 25 lbs for 3 sets of 5 reps on pullups. I do wide grip pullups for this. On bench I did 190 X 5,4,4 so I am still on 190 for at least another week until I pass it off. My best on this is 205 but in relation to body weight, I have only been able to do bodyweight on bench 3 x 5 a couple times. As far as max bench, I think it's probably around 225.

PS I know this is weak. And if you've ever seen me in person you would be shocked to know I don't bench 300 lbs. I'm convinced it's due to my long arms which make benching more difficult.
        lol!

Does widening your grip not help?
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          lol!

Does widening your grip not help?
          Yes, but it doesn't go well with the narrative.

Comment

Yes, but it doesn't go well with the narrative.
            Neither does "if you've ever seen me you'd be shocked I don't bench 300." You're trying to impress milfs, not gain functional strength, remember?

Comment

Neither does "if you've ever seen me you'd be shocked I don't bench 300." You're trying to impress milfs, not gain functional strength, remember?
              Exactly. My functional strength is shiz. My body is rocking (in my mind).

Comment

I was 167 when I weighed in on Friday. Not sure I can get much lower.
                167 lbs? I always figured you to be more of a man than that. I didn't know that you were a dainty lil' fella.
                I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                  167 lbs? I always figured you to be more of a man than that. I didn't know that you were a dainty lil' fella.
                  Dainty indeed.

Comment

Dainty ginger poly that looks like a cross between Blake Griffin and Jason Newstead. lol!

Comment

Can we please stop with the revelations about Mark Grace? I can only take so much disillusionment at once!
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Can we please stop with the revelations about Mark Grace? I can only take so much disillusionment at once!
                        haha. I forgot to mention my soothing voice. I like the image we're coming up with.

Comment

haha. I forgot to mention my soothing voice. I like the image we're coming up with.
                          This is how I had you pictured.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            This is how I had you pictured.

That looks more like Jay at the AF public pool. I know, I'm shocked he can't bench 300, too.

Comment

That looks more like Jay at the AF public pool. I know, I'm shocked he can't bench 300, too.
                              That's what I see when I look in the mirror. But I think this is closer to what other see.

Comment

That's what I see when I look in the mirror. But I think this is closer to what other see.

That dude is not going to impress at milfs.

Comment

Working...
                                X