What cereal do you eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    we currently have a box of Chocolate Frosted Flakes at our house. They are not great.
    thought about grabbing some when i was at the grocery store a couple days ago. but yeah, they look bad so i declined.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
      we currently have a box of Chocolate Frosted Flakes at our house. They are not great.
      All Frosted Flakes variations are pretty much awful. They've tried Cinnamon (disgusting--literally coats the inside of your mouth with a bitter film) Chocolate, and Honey, that I know of. I could eat Honey in a pinch (though they're not as good as the sweetened flakes in Raisin Bran Crunch) but the others are just awful. They need to stop trying to make that work.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• What cereal do you eat?

Tried a couple of new cereals this weekend:

Kellog’s Pop Tarts Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon

Meh. The flavor on these is ok, though they don’t really taste like a brown sugar pop tart. That said, the texture is really strange. Almost like chewy styrofoam. I can’t quite get over it. Because of that, I give them a thumbs down. Probably won’t buy again.

Post Honey Bun

These are really good. Like legit add to the rotation good. This is Post’s best offering to date. Keep in mind, I love S’mores, and I am a fan of their Oreo O’s (chocolate), Nutter Butter, and Powdered Donette flavors. But this is much better. Perfect texture; not too hard but still firm enough to hold up when soaked in milk. Sweet but not too sweet, and the honey flavor is subtle and natural—not artificial like so many sugared cereals. If you like cereal, you definitely need to give these a go. Thank me later.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Tried a couple of new cereals this weekend:

Kellog’s Pop Tarts Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon

Meh. The flavor on these is ok, though they don’t really taste like a brown sugar pop tart. That said, the texture is really strange. Almost like chewy styrofoam. I can’t quite get over it. Because of that, I give them a thumbs down. Probably won’t buy again.

Post Honey Bun

These are really good. Like legit add to the rotation good. This is Post’s best offering to date. Keep in mind, I love S’mores, and I am a fan of their Oreo O’s (chocolate), Nutter Butter, and Powdered Donette flavors. But this is much better. Perfect texture; not too hard but still firm enough to hold up when soaked in milk. Sweet but not too sweet, and the honey flavor is subtle and natural—not artificial like so many sugared cereals. If you like cereal, you definitely need to give these a go. Thank me later.

TIA.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Where are you- Cancun or something?
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I ate my fair share of Zucaritas on my mission. I remember teaching la cocinera in my first area how important it was to make the powdered milk the night before and then let it chill all night in la refri so it was cold in the morning. This has never occurred to her or my Latino trainer, who were both raised on lukewarm powdered milk.

Then I went to my second area, in the middle of the jungle, and they ate their cornflakes with hot milk. Never got used to that. If you think cornflakes get soggy in cold milk, multiply that by 1000 for hot milk. Instant mush. I had to teach that cook the chilled milk trick as well.

I was over a year into my mission before I actually got pasteurized, homogenized milk. I also had a grocery store in that area that sold Quaker brand bagged cereal. Marshmallow Safari and Sweet Crunch for days. I was in heaven.

Comment

• I once got Mexican Lucky Charms in a remote area of Guatemala. We were the envy of the zone. Those were simpler times...
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I ate my fair share of Zucaritas on my mission. I remember teaching la cocinera in my first area how important it was to make the powdered milk the night before and then let it chill all night in la refri so it was cold in the morning. This has never occurred to her or my Latino trainer, who were both raised on lukewarm powdered milk.

Then I went to my second area, in the middle of the jungle, and they ate their cornflakes with hot milk. Never got used to that. If you think cornflakes get soggy in cold milk, multiply that by 1000 for hot milk. Instant mush. I had to teach that cook the chilled milk trick as well.

I was over a year into my mission before I actually got pasteurized, homogenized milk. I also had a grocery store in that area that sold Quaker brand bagged cereal. Marshmallow Safari and Sweet Crunch for days. I was in heaven.

LOL - I started off mixing up my powdered milk to put on my corn flakes (when we were lucky enough to be able to buy them) but by the end of my mission I had devolved to simply dumping the dry powdered milk onto the corn flakes, pouring cold water on it and mixing the whole mass in the bowl.

Comment

• I generally think of DH as a fairly fit man, especially for a lawyer, but this thread makes me worry that a moniker change to diabeetushole is in his near future.

Signed,

An obese attorney.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• My wife bought some Donut O's, so I was obligated to try them. With milk, they were pretty good. Not my favorite cereal ever. I think I preferred them without the milk.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                          I generally think of DH as a fairly fit man, especially for a lawyer, but this thread makes me worry that a moniker change to diabeetushole is in his near future.

Signed,

An obese attorney.
                          A "fairly fit man" just may be the perfect description for where I'm at physically in life right now. I tried to come up with a better or more accurate three-word description, and I couldn't. Well done.

As for the cereal, I love it. I really do. But believe me when I say that i'm well aware that it's 100% processed sugar and just about the worst thing I can eat. Which is why I eat it as a treat, and not as a regular part of my diet. But if I could eat it every day without gaining weight, I totally would.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            My wife bought some Donut O's, so I was obligated to try them. With milk, they were pretty good. Not my favorite cereal ever. I think I preferred them without the milk.
                            Donut O's? You mean Donettes? Oreo O's? Honey Oh's? We need to know this so we can evaluate your evaluation.

Comment

Donut O's? You mean Donettes? Oreo O's? Honey Oh's? We need to know this so we can evaluate your evaluation.
                              I can speak for Oreo O's. Solid. I just had some this morning. Not as good as Reese's though.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                I can speak for Oreo O's. Solid. I just had some this morning. Not as good as Reese's though.
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X