Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
    Those of us who are writing German are going to feel pretty dumb if he doesn't speak German.
    I actually don't speak German, I speak Spanish, but I do have a great fondness for Wagner and strudel... and Elton John??

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      Raketemensch, please answer the following question, but carefully consider your response, as our future dealings on this site may depend, in large part, on how you respond to this:

Now that the date in the "future" when Doc Brown brings Marty to October 2015 to do something about his kids has passed, we're left wondering about the ethics of time travel and knowing too much about our own futures. Crispin Glover thought he knew enough about his future to argue with Bob Gale and Bob Zemeckis over the implicit insinuation at the end of the first film that money=happiness, and found himself subsequently left out of the sequels. 2015 came and went without hoverboards, although we have these annoying, self-immolating "hoverboards" (with purposefully used "") everywhere. My college recently banned them over concerns about safety, and safety is something that never factored into the plot decisions surrounding the Nordberg character in the Naked Gun films. My son asked my wife this morning, "what's sperm?" and while we didn't tell him what it meant, I was reminded that when I first watched The Naked Gun, that's when I learned the sexual meaning of "Nice beaver!" after Priscilla Presley hands Leslie Nielson a taxidermied castor canadensis. I'll be in Canada in July; we've booked a house on the beach on Prince Edward Island and I'm looking forward to bird-watching for hours on end, hoping to catch a glimpse of the aurora borealis the way Sean Penn recently caught a glimpse of El Chapo, leading to his being caught in a more literal sense. Sean Penn is a famous activist, actor, and wannabe journalist. His acting in some films, like Malick's The Tree of Life has brought tears to my eyes, but sometimes he's made me laugh until it hurt, "My dad's got a great set of tools, man." But, before he was famous, he played Groovin' Larry in the 2nd installment of The Beaver Trilogy, as did Crispin Glover in the 3rd. So, the question remains, which installment of the Beaver Trilogy do you prefer, and why?
      Hot damn- well I picked up the meaning of a few of those sentences... Terrance Malick, big fan, Thin Red Line is one of my fav movies. I saw the tree of life after breaking a bone in my foot and I was hopped up on percocet... maybe surprising to note that it did not help the experience. I was watching like, these dinosaurs appear in the middle of a movie about daddy issues and I couldn't help but struggle with that just a bit. Beaver trilogy... I haven't seen it but you've piqued my interest. I generally like the 2nd installment in trilogies because I enjoyed the Empire Strikes Back so I'm assuming the 2nd installment of the Beaver trilogy would be analogous to that move and the experience it provided. Can you freeze a beaver in carbonite? One thing that has kept me back from posting is that I use the ellipsis too much and I get self conscious about it... so I need to work on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Raketemensch View Post
        Haven't interacted much with you but from my 8 years of observation you seem like a bad person. Just being honest
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Haven't interacted much with you but from my 8 years of observation you seem like a bad person. Just being honest
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

Not even sorry about your harsh honesty?
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Solid. Very solid initial contribution.
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

YOhio is the funniest person on this board. He is also a mod, so you pretty much just stepped in a giant turd right out of the gate. Better check yourself, bro.

Comment

#teamRaketemensch!
                  "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    I was literally taking a drink while reading that. Had to control myself from spitting water everywhere.

Comment

finally, a guy around here who will tell it like it is.
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
                        YOhio is the funniest person on this board.
                        Is he?

Comment

Is he?
                          In two posts you have crushed YOhio and all that he stands for. Ding dong, Dayton is dead!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
                              YOhio is the funniest person on this board.
                              YOhio is the most underrated poster on the board.

On a side note, can we trade in the SU character and get back the DDD persona?
                              One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                              SU

Comment

Originally posted by snowcat View Post
                                YOhio is the most underrated poster on the board.

On a side note, can we trade in the SU character and get back the DDD persona?
                                Or maybe we can require SU to assume the character of DDD for a given period of time.
                                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
                                X