No announcement yet.

The Saadfather Part II - The 2017-2018 NHL Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anybody see that late hit by cheapshot Wilson on Marchesseault?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
      Did anybody see that late hit by cheapshot Wilson on Marchesseault?
      Did anyone see that cross-check in the back by cheapshot Reaves in front of the goal allowing him to tie it up 4-4?

Crap happens.

On to Game 2.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Pretty exciting game one all in all. 4 lead changes, a Stanley Cup record...and two very reliable goalies leaving their nets just wide open on a few of those goals. Overall, I liked what I saw from the Caps, other than the critical turnover by Smith-Pelly that lead to the go ahead goal with about 9 minutes left. Vegas did a good job from that point forward of playing conservatively and protecting their lead. Tons of missed penalties on both sides, and yeah, Wilson has a reputation, so he's gotta steer clear of that kind of stuff, but as MBN pointed out, the blatant cross-check on the Reeves goal was a tough one to let pass, and there was a slash on Eller on what would've been a game tying goal. But hey, that's hockey, it's a physical game and the refs are pretty clearly going to let them play this series.

Looking forward to Game 2.
        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
          Pretty exciting game one all in all. 4 lead changes, a Stanley Cup record...and two very reliable goalies leaving their nets just wide open on a few of those goals. Overall, I liked what I saw from the Caps, other than the critical turnover by Smith-Pelly that lead to the go ahead goal with about 9 minutes left. Vegas did a good job from that point forward of playing conservatively and protecting their lead. Tons of missed penalties on both sides, and yeah, Wilson has a reputation, so he's gotta steer clear of that kind of stuff, but as MBN pointed out, the blatant cross-check on the Reeves goal was a tough one to let pass, and there was a slash on Eller on what would've been a game tying goal. But hey, that's hockey, it's a physical game and the refs are pretty clearly going to let them play this series.

Looking forward to Game 2.
          The Caps played well against a Vegas team that has performed well all playoffs. I was nervous the entire game until the last little bit.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Did anybody see that late hit by cheapshot Wilson on Marchesseault?
            Sure did. Under normal circumstances, I think it is a dirty play that shouldn't result in a suspension. With Wilson's history though, he should be suspended for multiple games. You don't start making each of these dirty plays hurt for him and his team, you are eventually going to have a Raffi Torres-Marian Hossa situation happen.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I was really impressed with the #nocaps ability to clear the puck. All season long, Vegas has been able to lob the puck down past the goal line and then grind and grind and possess the puck until an opportunity arises. Washington was amazing at their ability to clear the puck before Vegas could trap it in the zone and go to work. That felt like a huge reason VGK didn't get as many great looks as they have been these past few weeks. Sure they got more SOG than Washington, but from someone who has watched them all season, most of the shots they got last night weren't nearly as quality as the shots they have been getting this post-season.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Great game! Big time LOL at the Medieval Times opening though. It was incredibly long (10 minutes!), lame, and awkward. Did those in attendance get a souvenir cup with their section's champion on it? Might want to get rid of that budding tradition. A fantastic Hockey game though, I really enjoyed it.
                Last edited by Flystripper; 05-29-2018, 09:39 AM.
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  Great game! Big time LOL at the Medieval Times opening though. Incredibly long (10 minutes!), lame, and awkward. Did those in attendance get a souvenir cup with their section's champion on it? Might want to get rid of that budding tradition. A fantastic Hockey game though, I really enjoyed it.
                  Yeah - every time I thought it was over, it kept going and going and going...plus, I mean, the ice was in rough shape after all those flaming arrows were shot directly into it...how many times did the crew come out to fix it!
                  "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Great game! Big time LOL at the Medieval Times opening though. It was incredibly long (10 minutes!), lame, and awkward. Did those in attendance get a souvenir cup with their section's champion on it? Might want to get rid of that budding tradition. A fantastic Hockey game though, I really enjoyed it.
                    I know that this has built over the course of the season, but this was the first one that I’ve actually watch. So funny. I assumed that they were passing out turkey legs to the crowd. Besides, the whole story line seemed really convoluted. This is why I don’t watch Game of Thrones.

Vegas is taking this #nocaps thing pretty seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                      I know that this has built over the course of the season, but this was the first one that I’ve actually watch. So funny. I assumed that they were passing out turkey legs to the crowd. Besides, the whole story line seemed really convoluted. This is why I don’t watch Game of Thrones.

Vegas is taking this #nocaps thing pretty seriously.

Why is a capital M still okay? It appears to be #mostlynocaps
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Great game! Big time LOL at the Medieval Times opening though. It was incredibly long (10 minutes!), lame, and awkward. Did those in attendance get a souvenir cup with their section's champion on it? Might want to get rid of that budding tradition. A fantastic Hockey game though, I really enjoyed it.
                        As I sat there watching the opening I wondered what the fan's in Montreal, Winnipeg, Toronto were thinking, "they don't deserve this", was my best guess.

Comment

• Wilson avoids discipline for his hit in game 1. It is only a matter of time before he takes the next step. He is sounding exactly like Raffi Torres, again, in defending his hit. Huge mistake not giving him a multiple game suspension. He should have got a minimum of 3 games and possibly 8-10.
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                            Wilson avoids discipline for his hit in game 1. It is only a matter of time before he takes the next step. He is sounding exactly like Raffi Torres, again, in defending his hit. Huge mistake not giving him a multiple game suspension. He should have got a minimum of 3 games and possibly 8-10.
                            He is a Time bomb waiting to happen. The NHL is setting itself up when he injures, paralyzes or kills somebody. I sure hope it never happens but that player is a mailicious thug.

Comment

He is a Time bomb waiting to happen. The NHL is setting itself up when he injures, paralyzes or kills somebody. I sure hope it never happens but that player is a mailicious thug.
                              google Raffi Torres dirty hits and you will see what he may become.

Comment

• Holy shit what a save by Holtby.

Comment

Working...
                                X