No announcement yet.

What is wrong with California?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know if I'm adding anything new here...

I just came back to California today after spending a week in Idaho getting my new house sorted out. It used to be that as soon we crossed the California line on I-80 heading out of Reno, things started to feel better and I was happy to be back in California. More so if I had spent time in Utah. It felt better to be around California drivers and I had a better attitude about life in general while in the state.

But this time I was just noticing how crowded everything is and how much more gas costs. Now that I'm committed to leaving I'm just seeing the flaws that I was able to overlook in past years. Another month and I'm out of here for good.

Comment

• I was in San Diego from Thurs-Mon. I took my 10-year-old to participate in the F.I.R.S.T. Lego League Legoland International Open competition. We also toured the USS Midway Museum, the San Diego Zoo, and went to the beach a couple of times. Aside from being a little colder than I expected (I think it was warmer in Boise each day), it was a pretty awesome trip.
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Touring the Midway is one of my favorite things to do in SD.

I spent the last four days in OC and it was overcast and cold. Still had a lot of fun but it could have been better. Hit Coach's Mediterranean Grill on Main Street Huntington Beach and got the mixed grill. Definitely one of the most tasty dishes I've had in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
          Touring the Midway is one of my favorite things to do in SD.

I spent the last four days in OC and it was overcast and cold. Still had a lot of fun but it could have been better. Hit Coach's Mediterranean Grill on Main Street Huntington Beach and got the mixed grill. Definitely one of the most tasty dishes I've had in a while.
          I was worried that my daughter would be bored after an hour, but she loved all four+ hours we spent on board. We would have stayed another hour but it was closing time.
          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug

Comment

• So I guess your critiques are that its cold in CA?
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              So I guess your critiques are that its cold in CA?
              It was pretty pleasant--low 60s. Probably kept crowds away from the beach on Saturday and the zoo yesterday. Neither of us got sunburned.

If I had to critique, I'd say that traffic is what's wrong with California.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                It was pretty pleasant--low 60s. Probably kept crowds away from the beach on Saturday and the zoo yesterday. Neither of us got sunburned.

BZZZZZ!

Oh, I'm sorry, the answer we were looking for was minorities.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  BZZZZZ!

Oh, I'm sorry, the answer we were looking for was minorities.
                  Well, who do you think was driving those cars?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                    Touring the Midway is one of my favorite things to do in SD.

It is a great way to spend a large part of a morning or afternoon. Last time my son and I were in San Diego, we spend hours going over all of it.
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Well, who do you think was driving those cars?

We've enjoyed the Midway as well. In the past we stayed in the Navy Lodge on North Island. Breaker Beach is awesome. I would love to live in San Diego for the year-round weather alone.

Comment

That's also what's wrong with Utah along the Wasatch Front.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                          That's also what's wrong with Utah along the Wasatch Front.
                          While certainly not right, it's not California wrong...yet.

Comment

• This is a pretty good piece. Depressing, but good:

In California, the “Jungle” Is Predictable

Primary results suggest overwhelming Democratic governance—though not without trouble signs.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/ca...ble-15955.html
                            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                              This is a pretty good piece. Depressing, but good:

In California, the “Jungle” Is Predictable

Primary results suggest overwhelming Democratic governance—though not without trouble signs.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/ca...ble-15955.html
                              LA you need to get out before the rest of the union builds the wall and makes California pay for it.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X