No announcement yet.

2018 mid-term elections thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just realized I said Barbara Boxer instead of Diane Feinstein in a couple posts above.

They're kind of the same right?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
      It bought him the democratic presidential nomination.
      Yes indeed... ask Alyssa Milano!

I hope that Skateboard Jesus does run for president and drives that mini van to all 57 Obama states.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        I just realized I said Barbara Boxer instead of Diane Feinstein in a couple posts above.

Yeah, they are the same person... Maybe California should only have one senator.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

We knew what you meant.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
            That’s a retention vote, which most states have. Texas has partisan races for the judiciary.
            Whoa, that is crazy. I don't like that.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              Whoa, that is crazy. I don't like that.
              Yes indeed. I remember TV ads from judges in Texas bragging about how many people they sent to death row.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Local elections results for the school board.

As of the preliminary results last night the difference between the 3rd and 5th place in the race was 7 votes (323, 320, 316). Top 3 get a seat on the board. I remember when we voted in our Superior court judge about 10 years ago. The winner won by 12 votes. Fun to be in a small community where your votes actually count.

Comment

As of the preliminary results last night the difference between the 3rd and 5th place in the race was 7 votes (323, 320, 316). Top 3 get a seat on the board. I remember when we voted in our Superior court judge about 10 years ago. The winner won by 12 votes. Fun to be in a small community where your votes actually count.
                  True story: In Nevada, an electoral tie is broken by drawing lots, typically by cutting a deck of cards. High card gets the office.

Comment

I always vote no on all the judges anyway.
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      I listened to a portion of his presser. He was asked what he learned from the election given that he lost the house and the democrats advanced in many state races. His response? Something close to: "I learned that most people like me a lot, and like the job I am doing." My guess is that would be his honest response no matter what happened in the election.
                      I listened for a bit but initially thought it was a broadcast of some junior high school teacher.
                      “Please sit down!”
                      “You didn’t ask a question; you rudely interrupted him!”
                      “Stop talking and I mean it!”
                      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Your vote didn't count. Even if you hadn't voted, the difference would have been a victory by 13 or 11 votes, but the same outcome.
                        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          You're kidding yourself. The Kavanaugh debacle was a HUGE error by DiFi and the other dems. They went through all that effort, spent all those political resources, focused all that pre-election energy on Kavanaugh and, in the end, Kavanaugh is on the court and they don't gain the senate, which might have been in play otherwise. Nice job there, Dems.
                          I think it probably netted the GOP a total of 3 seats -- which was their exact gain. Without the Kavanaugh debacle, I think the GOP loses Arizona and fail to pick up a seat in Florida. ND was going to the GOP regardless and the GOP had a really strong candidate in Missouri, so I don't think the Kavanaugh confirmation mess affected those. The only remaining question is whether the Democrats ever really had chance in Indiana and Tennessee. The Democrats had a former governor running TN and Donnelly appeared to be neck and neck with the GOP candidate. Donnelly lost by 7 points, so a swing of 4 points would have saved him. Blackburn, however, won by 11 points.

While I understand the guy in Missouri also only won by 7 points, McCaskill had a significantly better operation than Donnelly and has been effective in the past at getting her voters to the polls.
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Not really an election result, but related: Jeff Sessions has been sacked.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday fired Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

"At your request I am submitting my resignation," Sessions wrote in a letter to White House chief of staff John Kelly.
                            Matthew Whitaker will take over as acting attorney general, the President said.
                            https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/polit...ign/index.html
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Local results are fun.

Fat Jack.jpg
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Not really an election result, but related: Jeff Sessions has been sacked.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/polit...ign/index.html

Interesting... I wonder who is next.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X