No announcement yet.

Silver Linings Playbook: finding the positives in Luke Worthington's game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's get some official predictions on record for how many points Luke will score this season. We will count every single game including exhibition games, the cougar tipoff, and even practices.

a. 0-20 points
    b. 21-40 points
    c. 41-60 points
    d. 61-80 points
    e. 81-100 points
    f. 101 or more points

Im going with d: 61-80 points. Something kept making that one jump out at me.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Let's get some official predictions on record for how many points Luke will score this season. We will count every single game including exhibition games, the cougar tipoff, and even practices.

a. 0-20 points
      b. 21-40 points
      c. 41-60 points
      d. 61-80 points
      e. 81-100 points
      f. 101 or more points

I am going all in. f baby. EFF!!!
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        I am going all in. f baby. EFF!!!
        Is there any other letter that comes to mind when you think of besides the letter "f"? F-no I say!

Comment

a. 0-20 points
          b. 21-40 points
          c. 41-60 points
          d. 61-80 points
          e. 81-100 points
          f. 101 or more points

I will go with E. An impressive accomplishment for Luke, dimmed only by the fact that 32 of these points wil come in exhibitions, and another 20 in garbage time. The remaining 20, though, will be big time. Mostly consisting of leaning layups were he takes off 3 feet from the basket with no defender and still doesn't dunk it.

Comment

a. 0-20 points
            b. 21-40 points
            c. 41-60 points
            d. 61-80 points
            e. 81-100 points
            f. 101 or more points

I take d as well. He will score more early as he will have more playing time before Aytes plays. This will cause many to wish they had selected e and f but I am comfortable with d.

Comment

a. 0-20 points
              b. 21-40 points
              c. 41-60 points
              d. 61-80 points
              e. 81-100 points
              f. 101 or more points

d as well. He averaged 1.0 ppg last year so I figure he will double his production this year and assuming BYU underachieves this year and only reaches the Elite 8, that would be 40 games including exhibitions for a cool 80 pts! I guess I am real close to e. but I I am not entirely confident in my two assumptions: 1.) Luke will double his ppg and 2.) BYU will underachieve by making only the Elite 8.
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                d as well. He averaged 1.0 ppg last year so I figure he will double his production this year and assuming BYU underachieves this year and only reaches the Elite 8, that would be 40 games including exhibitions for a cool 80 pts! I guess I am real close to e. but I I am not entirely confident in my two assumptions: 1.) Luke will double his ppg and 2.) BYU will underachieve by making only the Elite 8.

Comment

a. 0-20 points
                  b. 21-40 points
                  c. 41-60 points
                  d. 61-80 points
                  e. 81-100 points
                  f. 101 or more points

Did anybody else watch the BYU Boom Shakalaka the other night? I saw perhaps the most pathetic display of shooting the basketball I've ever seen by anybody over the age of about 8. During the skills challenge, Worthington had the ball on the baseline at about 10 feet and must have gone about 0-10 before he slid in closer and away from the baseline and finally banked one in. I also learned Erin Thorn can really shoot it from distance.

But alas, I predict 41-60 points because during that skills challenge, after he missed a dunk attempt, he did get a layup to go. So, with the layup and the bank shot, he's already scored 4. 37 to go!
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    Did anybody else watch the BYU Boom Shakalaka the other night? I saw perhaps the most pathetic display of shooting the basketball I've ever seen by anybody over the age of about 8. During the skills challenge, Worthington had the ball on the baseline at about 10 feet and must have gone about 0-10 before he slid in closer and away from the baseline and finally banked one in. I also learned Erin Thorn can really shoot it from distance.

But alas, I predict 41-60 points because during that skills challenge, after he missed a dunk attempt, he did get a layup to go. So, with the layup and the bank shot, he's already scored 4. 37 to go!
                    I saw and put my comments in the season thread. Don't sell him short though, he made his second dunk after the first miss. For those who missed the awesomeness it starts at 47:06

http://www.byutv.org/watch/event/f58...a-626f2784d428

Comment

Put me down for "e". LW is certainly capable of more, but I fear the humanitarian Rose will call off the dogs in the late going.

Comment

e. I'm just copying PAC.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

69 pts. D
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

D. 72 points.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                              D. 72 points.
                              in case you are wondering, luke worthington plays men's basketball for the brigham young university cougars (located in provo, utah).
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I am worried not wondering.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X