No announcement yet.

Thanks, Provo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had already corrected it. However, if you are the template for an educated person I have no problem being called uneducated.

Dang, I have already used up 2 of my 5 per year alloted responses to your dip shit posts.

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
      While that may have irked me some, the thought of Ann Arbor really did surprise me. Hell, Detroit is like 40 minutes away in shambles and Ann Arbor gets the vote???

I figured, Boston would be up there, along with Palo Alto, etc.. I need to read that article to determine what were the data points of that report..
      The ranking methodology excluded smaller cities like Cambridge, MA and Los Alamos, NM. Basically, a city had to be fairly large and host a big, highly ranked university. Nevertheless, kudos to Provo.
      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
        I had already corrected it. However, if you are the template for an educated person I have no problem being called uneducated.

Dang, I have already used up 2 of my 5 per year alloted responses to your dip shit posts.
        I agree that you seem to have no problem being uneducated.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
          The ranking methodology excluded smaller cities like Cambridge, MA and Los Alamos, NM. Basically, a city had to be fairly large and host a big, highly ranked university. Nevertheless, kudos to Provo.

Cambridge is about the same size as Provo.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post

Cambridge is about the same size as Provo.
            Good point. I had thought Cambridge was much smaller but admittedly never kept track if I was in Cambridge or some other area of Boston when I was there many years ago. It looks like Cambridge got wrapped into Boston in this study since it took the "150 largest metropolitan statistical areas". I would think if Cambridge had been defined as its own statistical area, it would have scored very high. Boston came it at #10 so perhaps Cambridge was a big part of that score.
            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Ho-hum. Yawn. Provo tops another national poll.

http://www.simplemovinglabor.com/blo...ove-to-in-2015

lol @ Dayton
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Ho-hum. Yawn. Provo tops another national poll.

http://www.simplemovinglabor.com/blo...ove-to-in-2015

lol @ Dayton
                Some good nuggets from this blog to drive a moving solutions company's web traffic national poll:

Best city for median income: Provo, Utah at $83,000 (compare to later listing of "Provo median income: $77,000")

Provo population: approx. 1,000,000
                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                  Some good nuggets from this blog to drive a moving solutions company's web traffic national poll:

Best city for median income: Provo, Utah at $83,000 (compare to later listing of "Provo median income: $77,000")

Provo population: approx. 1,000,000
                  Don't be a hater!
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

and the country's third-largest university, Brigham Young University, calls Provo home.
                    Third largest? is that true?
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      No.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        No.
                        3rd largest private university, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                          Perhaps.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Add in non-profit and I'd, perhaps, buy it.

Comment

2nd largest.

http://www.answers.com/Q/List_the_10...ties_in_the_US

OK, so they just made up a bunch of crap to generate some click-bait. Provo is still a pretty cool place.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                2nd largest.

http://www.answers.com/Q/List_the_10...ties_in_the_US

OK, so they just made up a bunch of crap to generate some click-bait. Provo is still a pretty cool place.
                                But largest by undergrad population, IIRC
                                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
                                X